How to deal with breakup?

My ex and I had been dating for 2 months now, but we just broke up because he said he initially rushed things, and then I rushed things which made him lose the spark of our relationship. he also said that our life together was becoming routine and that he felt like he was faking it. I didn't feel the same and actually liked the routine and the pace that we were going at. He also thought we didn't have much in common as well. So I just want some opinions on this situation, is there still hope for us to get back together? by the way we knew each other for a few weeks prior to dating, and we met through work, and I really wanted him to be my one and only.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I just went through something similar. She ended things due to a lack of common interests, and probably because there was no spark to begin with. Anyhow, it's tough. You want them because you enjoyed the routine and the feelings that come with having a SO.
    But, just remember, if he was willing to give up that easily, he isn't worth your time. That's how I'm getting over my ex. There were so many ways we could have fixed things, but she didn't want to try. I'm okay with that now. Primarily because I couldn't see myself with someone like her... not a year from now, let alone 10 years from now.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you guys should drop down one level: being friends. Before dating someone, you have to be friends with a person for some time (few weeks is too little for me), before trying to move on to the next level. But for your case, it's ok if you guys stop dating, because both of you realise that both of you are not very compatible. You guys have explained about it to each other isn't it (according to the post)? I wouldn't say there's no hope as well, provided you guys know how to adapt to each other's lifestyle. If both of you can't, drop back to being friends.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Keep busy. Focus on your studies, and distance yourself from him. Surround yourself with positive people. Keep your hands busy as much as possible. Take a pottery class, paint, go for a bike ride. As long as you keep moving you can step into the next phase of your life. And finally trust yourself and your ability to face hurdles that come your way. When people make mistakes it's largely rooted in fear, if you trust your ability to over come you make less mistakes.

1|0
    0|0
    • I believe the asker is working, and you asked her to keep her hands as busy as possible, I think she will go crazy cos of stress xD HAHA. But yea maybe during your (asker) off days you can try pick up some new hobbies and try to keep your life more interesting than before. It's a good way to build common interest as well :) BUT don't keep yourself too busy. You'll be haggard from all the work. You need to have sufficient rest as well. Like I always say: keep a balance in life, not too much not too little, but just nice! :)

• @Cerate You have a good point she needs to de stress as well.

• If the relationship became routine in that short period of time you have no hooe

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes