How to deal with breakup?

My ex and I had been dating for 2 months now, but we just broke up because he said he initially rushed things, and then I rushed things which made him lose the spark of our relationship. he also said that our life together was becoming routine and that he felt like he was faking it. I didn't feel the same and actually liked the routine and the pace that we were going at. He also thought we didn't have much in common as well. So I just want some opinions on this situation, is there still hope for us to get back together? by the way we knew each other for a few weeks prior to dating, and we met through work, and I really wanted him to be my one and only.

31

Most Helpful Guy

• I just went through something similar. She ended things due to a lack of common interests, and probably because there was no spark to begin with. Anyhow, it's tough. You want them because you enjoyed the routine and the feelings that come with having a SO.
    But, just remember, if he was willing to give up that easily, he isn't worth your time. That's how I'm getting over my ex. There were so many ways we could have fixed things, but she didn't want to try. I'm okay with that now. Primarily because I couldn't see myself with someone like her... not a year from now, let alone 10 years from now.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you guys should drop down one level: being friends. Before dating someone, you have to be friends with a person for some time (few weeks is too little for me), before trying to move on to the next level. But for your case, it's ok if you guys stop dating, because both of you realise that both of you are not very compatible. You guys have explained about it to each other isn't it (according to the post)? I wouldn't say there's no hope as well, provided you guys know how to adapt to each other's lifestyle. If both of you can't, drop back to being friends.