I really really need advice on whether I should try again with my ex. Sometimes I think he might be gay or A sexual. Or maybe I'm overthinking?

Anonymous
I had a mutual break up with my boyfriend of 3 years we were HS sweethearts. I was his first girlfriend. He was always known for being awkward and having NO luck with girls. But we hit it off. I knew right away he was awkward socially. He is only happy and fun when he is with his guy friends. we had some great times but mostly I felt like I always loved him more. He never showed affection in public. That was out of the question. He never really wanted to have sex either. He refused to by condoms. I just kinda feel like now maybe I was a cover up? He even said himself he didn't know how much he liked the physical part of a relationship. He said he just feels uncomfortable. It caused me low self esteem for sure. I felt like he wasn't attracted to me. But he denied it all the time. We had good sexting for awhile but that stopped. I know he didn't cheat and I know he doesn't even flirt with other girls. He just wants to be with his friends that's the only time he's completely comfortable. Even after 3 years the awkwardness got worse. We got older and I wanted more. I would suggest getting a hotel and he would act like he wanted to but then never asked about it. There were plenty of times he had a house to himself But never asked me over. This is all when we were 18,19,20. You'd think he'd be begging for it. I know people will think he wasn't attracted to me or he was cheating. But I know he didn't cheat. I mean I guess he could have not been attracted to me but why stay for 31/2 years? He is so emotionally distant. No affection no passion. We broke it off last month cause he said he just can't give me what I need. He thinks he can't be with anyone because so many aspects of a relationship make him uncomfortable. This after THREE YEARS! I'm seriously questioning everything now. Could he be gay And I was a cover up? He said he didn't want to lose me but he's done nothing to get me back. Hasn't reached out to me once and changed his FB status from in a relationship
2
3