Ex girlfriend rebounding?

So my ex girlfriend and I have been broken up for 2 months now over a 4 year relationship. We ended it badly and we haven't talked to each other since. My friend called me which he has classes with her on campus tells him that she has broken up with me for 2 months now and quickly talked about some guy she's talked to and they've been on a date once. I don't believe it at all. I'm sure she has talked to him for awhile now. So is this a rebound? Or do you see this as a long term relationship deal?

11

What Girls Said 1

• It depends on the girl and how badly she loved you and how things are going now. She could be rebounding, but then she could be trying to get over you and find the person for a long term relationship. Maybe she is waiting for you to talk to her again and see if things could work out becuase 4 years is a long time history to be together and then just end it. She could be looking for someone to hook up with until she is ready to completely move on. You won't really know until you happened to hear she is engaged and married when you know she has moved on. Maybe try to reconnect with her and try to fix the issues yall had if that is even possible. It seems like you aren't over her, and if you aren't, just try to talk to her. If she ignores you, then just move on and forget about her the best you can. I wish you the best of luck.

• Every time I try to contact her by email. I never get a response. I feel as though she doesn't even think twice of me.

• Also what is hard for me is that she is telling my friends how we broke up and that she needs to find a new bf. I then heard she started dating a guy from a friend. On top of that she has turned her Facebook to public for me to see how awesome her life is...and I just had to recently block her.

• Yea It was a good idea to block her because it still hurts. You have to do what is best for you. Sounds like she is just trying to make your life miserable and has to spread her business around for you to find out. I would say to just end it completely and find another girl for you that will treat you better than her and wants to be with you forever if you want it. Just do things for you. Do what makes you happy.

What Guys Said 1

• If it's just one date they've been on, and you two had a long committed 4 year relationship, it might just be a rebound.

When you've had companionship and been close to someone for so long, then you leave that relationship, it's not always easy to adapt to being single again straight away, so she could've gone on the date just to test out the waters and see if she's ready to date again yet.

But it possibly could be a long term thing, it depends on the person, some people take months, even years in some cases, to get over broken relationships, other people can walk out of one and jump right into another.

I guess you'd be the best judge of knowing whether or not she's the type to go for a rebound or straight into another serious relationship.