Do you believe in marriage?

What does it mean to get married? Do you marry someone knowing that divorce is an option? Why is it that people take the vows so casually and break it so easily. Is marriage something you do with the one you want to spend the rest of your life with or in the moment of honeymoon.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Too be honest. People think they're in love because, this person in front of them seems good and has yet to do anything bad at the beginning. What people don't realize is that people change overtime, not right away. This is why people I know have told me marriage is overrated. They use to have sex a lot and then it died down to like little to no sex after awhile. Its about people changing, getting bored etc. That makes relationships fall apart and this is why the divorce rate is so high. I wouldn't marry a girl unless I truly loved her and even then things could happen.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I believe in Marriage and divorce is the last resort which I would not take lightly

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't believe in marriage

0|0
    0|0
    • Why :(

• Well, that is because it is a stupid custom, a stupid tradition. To me that's just nonsense, I don't any logic in marriage and moreover after marriage responsibilities only increase and you will never get your share of freedom, you will never get to live your life. Your married life will just pass away fulfilling the needs, desires for your family, your married life will pass away fulfilling the responsibilities for your family.

No, I am not saying marriage is wrong or something, but it should be an individual's choice, their decision and shouldn't be done to just follow some tradition, shouldn't be done for all the wrong reasons.

Another point is if one wants to get married the should be selfless as a person because only then they will be able to care, and fulfil the needs of their family otherwise not.

If a person is very selfish, rigid and largely uncompromising by nature then they shouldn't get married.

• Yes, I would say I am selfish, and uncompromising by nature ( by and large) and so I am never going to get married ( by choice).

• No. It needs to go the way of the dinosaur.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. Why not

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Marriage, to me, is making the ultimate promise in front of God and my family/friends, to spend the rest of my life with the man I love...
    Which is why I'm 37 and single, lol. I know divorce is always something that can happen, but I don't want to marry more than once.

0|0
    0|0
  • To me, it's a commitment to growing together and facing life as a team, with the stability of knowing that person is always gonna be there and have your back, no matter what (and vice versa).

I take it seriously. Regardless of what anyone else does with their life or how they approach their own marriage, I am confident that when I make those vows I will mean them and I will fulfill them, as will my partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't. I see it as a piece of paper and a waste of money. Nothing more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I'm so looking forward to getting married

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes