How to get my ex to talk to me again?

Anonymous
Hey everyone, I hope someone will take the time to read this and help me out. A while back I dated this guy and we fell head over heals for each other. We dated for 8 months and most of it was great but nearing the end he wasn't happy. When he broke up with me, it completely hit me off guard and it shattered me. He wanted to stay friends but I told him no and that I never wanted to talk to him again (while choking on tears). Our break up was extremely rocky and we often got in texting fights after saying "I heard you said this, or that" and there was a lot of drama. His best friend still hates me and spreads shit about me to this day (we broke up 9 months ago). I have since apologized to him over text for how badly I acted towards him immediately following the breakup but now we are complete strangers to each other. He has a new girlfriend, although I've heard around that they fight a lot and are on the verge of breaking up. As great as having him back would be, I know that might never happen, but right now I just want to be friends again. We were each others first loves and that's not something I can just throw away and forget about forever. Even if it means we just stay friends, I am completely okay with that, If it means we can talk again and stop pretending like we don't know each other, bc it hurts me so much. His best friend hates me and I don't know about the rest of his friends and of course he is still dating that other girl and I have no desire of messing up their relationship, I just want my first love back in my life, or at least a guarantee that one day we will talk and possibly be friends again. I just don't want to go my whole life without talking to him ever again. Does anyone know how I can do this? Any help/advice is appreciated, and thank you for those who took the time to read this.
How to get my ex to talk to me again?
Add Opinion