How to get my ex to talk to me again?

Hey everyone, I hope someone will take the time to read this and help me out. A while back I dated this guy and we fell head over heals for each other. We dated for 8 months and most of it was great but nearing the end he wasn't happy. When he broke up with me, it completely hit me off guard and it shattered me. He wanted to stay friends but I told him no and that I never wanted to talk to him again (while choking on tears). Our break up was extremely rocky and we often got in texting fights after saying "I heard you said this, or that" and there was a lot of drama. His best friend still hates me and spreads shit about me to this day (we broke up 9 months ago). I have since apologized to him over text for how badly I acted towards him immediately following the breakup but now we are complete strangers to each other. He has a new girlfriend, although I've heard around that they fight a lot and are on the verge of breaking up. As great as having him back would be, I know that might never happen, but right now I just want to be friends again. We were each others first loves and that's not something I can just throw away and forget about forever. Even if it means we just stay friends, I am completely okay with that, If it means we can talk again and stop pretending like we don't know each other, bc it hurts me so much. His best friend hates me and I don't know about the rest of his friends and of course he is still dating that other girl and I have no desire of messing up their relationship, I just want my first love back in my life, or at least a guarantee that one day we will talk and possibly be friends again. I just don't want to go my whole life without talking to him ever again. Does anyone know how I can do this? Any help/advice is appreciated, and thank you for those who took the time to read this.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• You don't want him back. You broke up because it didn't work and it will never work. You'll keep breaking up and wasting time for much of the same reasons. Get over it and him and stop being pathetic. You will not remain friends even if he suggests or agrees to it

0|0
    1|0
    • I never said in my post I want him back to date. I said want to talk to him again and be friends and not completely forget about him bc of how much we both meant to each other. I do want to be friends with him again

• Show All
    • So you're saying there is 0% chance of us even talking again

• You might say a few words but being friends won't happen. If you want to tell him how devastated he made you feel he won't care and it will change nothing. My sincerest advice is get on with your life without him

• A good way to get someone back is to act like you don't care and post pictures of yourself Doing fun things. I've had a lot of exs come back that way. They see you having fun and want to be a part of it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have done that for 9 months now and it's not working bc he hates me for the fucked up stuff that was said to each other immediately after the break up. I see him every day in the hallway and he won't even look at me.

• Show All
    • I have talked to other guys since and that hasn't worked either. Plus I don't want him back to date, I just want him back as a friend.

• Oh okay. I don't know maybe he will come around only time will tell.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes