Breaking up with a woman because she has kids. Valid or lame?

I am 26, don't have kids, and don't want any. I always ask a woman if she has kids when I ask her out and if she said she did I moved on. There was this one woman who lied and said she didn't have kids when she did. She told me she lied because many men don't like women who have kids already and she wanted a boyfriend. I didn't fell bad for her and still dumped her. Another woman called me selfish and told me that a lot of women have kids. My response was "So? If my options were to only date women with children I'd rather be alone." She thought it was lame of me to dismiss a woman because of that but I don't think so. Is dumping a woman for that valid or lame?

2122

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't want to be with a woman who have kids then its a valid reason. Because at the end of the day, its not your kid. And unless you really want to be in their lives and want to be that kids father figure in their life, then its a different story. I don't blame you at all. And those who are calling selfish needs to stop. Because first of all this wouldn't have happened if they waited to have sex in the first place. She shouldn't have lied to you. That is what made it worse. But sadly she should be dealing with her children's father unless he is incarcerated to handle those kids they helped conceived into this world. This is not your problem, and you don't owe them anything.

• They can call me selfish it just makes me laugh because I don't care 😂

• @Asker

Well you also need to understand that not all women with children out of wedlock is bad. You should at least get to know them first before you judge. Some of those women may have been raped or molested and decided to keep their kid. You can't judge them all without looking at yourself first. So unless your a virgin, you never know. You might had a kid somewhere or do, but they kept that from you, or they don't know. I'm just guessing. But never underestimate women either. Children are not bad. We were all children once. But if the mother is not good to be in a relationship with is what should be determined. Overall I understand your stance. It would be best to wait until the children are older and out the house to start dating again.

• Yes we were all children once then life's bell rung and it was time to be adults. I'm not a virgin and if a woman had a bad experience with a man my heart goes out to them. But at the same time it isn't my issue and I won't pay for another man's mistake (not talking about the kid).

Most Helpful Guy

• Very valid reason. Look here is why it's bad deal often to date single mom.

1. You will never be top priority in her life. Kid will always be #1.

2. Your dating will be restricted and tailored towards the kid if she is a decent mom.

3. She might not have enough time for you.

4. If you do get attached to the kid, i'll be a heart ache when you break up and can't see the kid,

5. You will never be the father of the kid and she will hold this over you if you try to discipline her kid or become a parent and she doesn't like it.

6. If you take on role of step dad, you're going to be putting yourself in unnecessary burden. it's like 180k to raise a kid.

7. The father can very easily come back into the picture at any time and your out on your ass because she wants them to be a family again.

• And you nailed all the reasons I don't want to get involved with a single mom.