What are some things it took you awhile to realize about a past relationship or some lession you learned?

Anonymous
I have realized that i may always love my ex pauline and thats something i have no control over. I have realized what i do have control over is the choice to move on with my life and not look back or blame myself for what happened bewteen us. I have realize that even if her parents did force us apart and wound'nt had work out anyway. Me& my ex were just two diffent people with diffent values in life. While i loved her with all i had and accpeted her for who she was.
You just can't make it work with someone who idea of respecting their parents is doing what ever they say even at the cost of hurting themself. I think the greatest lession i learn for them is to never comprmise with unreasbale people or change who i am to make other happy. And that while parents play a big role in the person your dating life that you gotta known your dating your gf/nf not their family unless they allow it. What have you learned or realize? Pss i known i known my ex sounds like she 13-16 i hear it all the time yet she was 19 at the time. I have moved on i got a new girlfriend who makes me happy.. She may not have the crazy in love feeling with her like i did with my ex but its pretty freaking close.
2
1