How do I get my boyfriend to break up with me?

I am depressed and have anxiety issues, along with having a lot of things going on in my life right. I'm in an online/long distant relationship with my boyfriend, who lives on the opposite side of the country. It has gotten serious with him since we've been dating for over a year now, but for a while now I've been wanting to end it. It was a relationship I shouldn't even have gotten into because I got into it directly after my last one. Our mutual friend had done everything in her power to bring us together and I felt a bit pressured into it.

Despite all of this, I don't want to to be the one to break up with him because I did that in my last relationship and I felt like shit for months after it. Heck, I even for guilty for just asking about this... but I can handle a relationship right now. I need to focus on helping myself right now. So... please help?

1211

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if he's head over heels for you and he actually is committed to you he's not gonna give up on you so looks like your gonna have to step up and dump him.

If your too polite and can't be blunt about it , just say you want a break and time to rethink about the relationship or make it seem like your done with the long term.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds just like me! Long distance, everything is the same including getting into this relationship right after a break up. Only difference is that it's been 3.5 years for me now. Anyway, what I'm going to start doing tomorrow is "ghosting" where I reply less and less frequently. I'll just say I'm busy with my classes and really stressed because of it, and eventually he will get annoyed/angry and there is a high chance he will break up. For me, I prefer him breaking up instead of me because he has deep depression issues and I'd rather have him strongly dislike me than to feel rejected and lost.

• Same. I'd rather him dislike me than think he's the problem when he's not.

• Same here, I understand, it's tough. As time goes on and you ghost more, hopefully things will turn out well :) ❤️

• Hopefully lol