I told him to stop talking to me, was that the right thing to do?

blueskys44
I was dating this guy for the better part of 2 months. I've never felt more comfortable with a person in my life. We'll he took me out for dinner several times and even cooked dinner for me twice. He was going to leave for Italy and I told him I would make dinner for him this time and that's when he told me he couldn't do this anymore; he still had feelings for his ex who left him 8 months ago. I told him I understood if he needed time, because I really like him and he told me he really wanted us. Well, that didn't last long and during his Italy trip his ex contacted him and told him she wanted to get back together with him. He told her he was trying to move on and didn't expect her to even tell him that (she's been with 4 other guys since the break up.) He was really confused and I told him I couldn't wait around and be some choice to him, because I shouldn't be one. This really caused some emotional stress to him I know, I went over once he came home and tried talking to him. He was a wreck and was drunk and told me over and over again how sorry he was and how I should hate him. I couldn't talk with him normally anymore, in the back of my mind was just the idea of him leaving to go back to his ex. It wasn't good for me and I told him about it a few times. He said he understood if I needed to leave. I told him how I just couldn't take the idea that she would stay over, even though she would stay on the couch, (I mean I sound fucking stupid for that but he would tell me when she came over or if she was hanging out with his friends and him.) I finally told him to stop talking to me, or at least I wouldn't talk to him. He still has me on social media and sends me links to things he thinks I will like. He told me happy birthday but I never reply, because I told him I wouldn't. He said it wasn't me that made her suddenly come back to him, even though I'm the first girl he's dated since they broke up 8 months ago.
0
1