Guys, how do guys deal with breaking up with/letting go of someone they really loved?

and please, answer honestly, no stupid answers.

5

Most Helpful Guy

• The simple answer is that every guy will deal with it in a slightly different way. We're not all the same. Some will go out and get drunk, some will get drunk and fall into bed with a random girl, some will cry in their rooms for days, others will refuse to let go and will hang on for dear life. There is no consistent answer.

My general experience is that guys are a lot more prone to ego and a lot less equipped to process emotions, because we are raised believing that emotions are somewhat of a weakness. Of course, that is all based on bravado and as you get older you realise that the only true position of strength is to acknowledge your weaknesses and be at home with them.

If a guy can't properly process the emotional side of losing someone that they loved and can't reconcile their ego with the rejection then they are likely to take it pretty badly and may resort to emotionally turbulent behaviour. That may involve being angry, abusive or manipulative. However, in the vast majority of cases the turbulence is short lived and the guy will find inner peace one the gaps in his life have been filled by other things/people.