Why do some guys bail when things get rough?

Im in my late 30s and he's in his mid 40s, weve been together for 2 years. We had a great relationship, did so much together and with our kids (not together ). We were building something great. And with one fight over moving in together he decides we're not meant to be. And the day he broke it off, he was telling me he loved me, how he was excited about the future together. we had plans for the holidays etc. and now 3 weeks have passed and i haven't heard from him. Im beyond devastated. Why do guys do this?

415

Most Helpful Girl

• He got spooked! Bottom line. He started seeing a past relationship and got worried or something. To some people moving in with someone else is just as big of a deal as marriage. Especially if they have been used to living on their own. If you feel it is worth saving, you can try reaching out for a compromise? Maybe stepping back a little? Not sure, hope it works out. You don't have to live with someone to have a successful relationship, but again, something triggered his feelings. Just remember when guys go ghost, it is usually them, not you! Best of Luck

• I make significantly less than him, but i still make enough money to contribute to our household. I think he's worried he'll end up supporting me. But when i tried telling him that he kinda brushes me off.
      I might reach out to him again after Thanksgiving.

• Thanks for the MHO