Response for ghosting: ignore or break up?

My long distance boyfriend has slowly stopped talking to me. The last time I texted him was over 10 days ago. He told me that he wasn't trying to ignore me, he was just busy with university stuff and family problems and that he needed time to figure things out. I told him that I was there if he wanted to talk about things. Didn't receive a reply. He was in town a couple of days ago but didn't tell me. I found out through his Snapchat story. He doesn't like my Instagram pictures but he liked other people's stuff so he is on there. He obviously is not busy enough to go off social media but he is busy enough to not talk to me. Anyway. I am not an idiot. I know he wants to break up, he just won't do (or maybe that last text was his way of breaking up with me and if that is the case, then he needs to be clearer). My two options now are to either break up with him myself or just accept the fact that he probably just dumped me and move on and not say another word to him. What do I do?
Also just fyi, it's not like we are new to this whole long distance thing. We'd been at it for a while, so I don't think that's the reason.

183

Most Helpful Guy

• People give their time and attention to the people and things they are interested in.

It's over.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ghosting on someone is absolutely the most cowardly & disrespectful thing you can do to someone who cares about you.
    I've been through this before and it really hurts. I think it's best to just ignore. Don't waste your time texting him.

• Its a really immature way of dumping someone. I know because my recent ex done that to me. Better off without him anyways