Response for ghosting: ignore or break up?

My long distance boyfriend has slowly stopped talking to me. The last time I texted him was over 10 days ago. He told me that he wasn't trying to ignore me, he was just busy with university stuff and family problems and that he needed time to figure things out. I told him that I was there if he wanted to talk about things. Didn't receive a reply. He was in town a couple of days ago but didn't tell me. I found out through his Snapchat story. He doesn't like my Instagram pictures but he liked other people's stuff so he is on there. He obviously is not busy enough to go off social media but he is busy enough to not talk to me. Anyway. I am not an idiot. I know he wants to break up, he just won't do (or maybe that last text was his way of breaking up with me and if that is the case, then he needs to be clearer). My two options now are to either break up with him myself or just accept the fact that he probably just dumped me and move on and not say another word to him. What do I do?
Updates:
Also just fyi, it's not like we are new to this whole long distance thing. We'd been at it for a while, so I don't think that's the reason.

2|0

Most Helpful Guy

• People give their time and attention to the people and things they are interested in.

It's over.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ghosting on someone is absolutely the most cowardly & disrespectful thing you can do to someone who cares about you.
    I've been through this before and it really hurts. I think it's best to just ignore. Don't waste your time texting him.

1|0
    0|0
    • Its a really immature way of dumping someone. I know because my recent ex done that to me. Better off without him anyways

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I feel like its a game of whoever cares the least wins. If you're the one who has to initiate the majority of conversations then they probably don't value you as much as you value them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Break up

0|0
    0|0
    • How do I do that? What exactly should I say?

• You keep telling me you're busy, and I tried to make it work and I really like you but I can't be the only person putting effort into the relationship I keep trying to reach you and you never respond do you not care about our relationship anymore, because it seems like like we shouldn't see each other anymore

What Girls Said 17

• Let me first start off by saying this. Long distance relationships dont really work out. Its takes the BOTH of you to really want to make it work. Not just you putting in all the effort esp with him being miles away. Get rid of him. And then he hasn't even txted or called you. What a total jerk!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you should go with your gut. Just tell him straight up, that you know he's been avoiding you and his behaviour is leading you to believe that he wants to break up. Tell him to stop being a coward and to face you. I have to say though, I think you should break him first. Even if he was the one who wanted out of the relationship initialy, you also don't deserve to be treated like that. Dump him, tell him you're tired of being ignored and that you deserve better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd put as much effort into the break up that he's put into maintaining the relationship the last few weeks.
    I'd take it that the relationship is over, and not contact him again

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry.
    It seems to me that he isn't interested in you anymore. I think you should move on and not say a word.
    Maybe he will realize that you know what he's doing. And you won't have to worry about it anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just assume you are broken up. In ten days time send him a text that says "ohh, sorry, i've been busy and i forgot to inform you that i broke up with you ten days ago"

1|0
    0|0
  • You need to have a clean break, your your sake more than his. Otherwise you'd be on the edge thinking about it and maybe worrying a little bit this way it's completely over.

0|0
    0|0
  • Break up. After a week of a ghosting it's bye bye in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just move on. Don't give him the time of day anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Call him and ask him to have a serious talk with you about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Break up, move on...

0|0
    0|0
  • Boy bye!

1|0
    0|0
  • I would just break up with him yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend did this to me a month ago. I begged him not leave me, ask him why is he doing this to me, and apologized for whatever I did. I'm still waiting for a response.
    He just said "Have a nice life." After I called him to see how he was doing since I hadn't heard from him for a week

0|0
    0|0
  • Do the same to him. As in, don't sit there wait. Be happy and do your thing. He comes he comes, he doesn't he doesn't. Don't have bitter feelings though... Just relax. Odds are he'll be back or someone better will show

0|0
    0|0
  • Dump him. I had that happen to me and it sucked so bad. He would never reply to any of my texts but had time for social media and watching my snap stories.

Then one day he posted a snap story of himself and his new girlfriend. It blew so badly.

She eventually went ghost on him too. And he tried to make amends. Never took him back though and never will.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just move on. Don't even waste your time on this guy. Even a break up text is wasting your time with this one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ghosting is a cruel thing to do to anyone. It's cowardly , so I'd just move on without saying anything to him

His behaviour is making you feel confused and full of doubt about your relationship with him You know in your heart he's slowly distancing himself , so cut all contact without giving him an explanation , so he starts to feel confused and full of doubt about why you suddenly cut contact with him.

Don't hang around waiting for him to suddenly stop contact with you, instead you do it first. He doesn't deserve anything but your silence

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes