Why does it bother me?

my ex boyfriend split up with me about a year and a half ago and I'm with someone else now, so why does it bother when I hear things about him and his girlfriend?

I so wish I could wish him the best of luck and be happy for him, but it hurts everything I hear things.

Any advice?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Is any of these true?

1. You feel hurt and rejected because he left you and quickly moved on to some one else and you feel he loves her more than he ever did you?

2. You feel angry that you did so much for him and the relationship did not last?

3. You feel that even after moving on, he should have strong feelings for you and not love his current gf?

Most of the time we feel pained in a break up because we need to be in control and need to feel that our ex should not be able to move on and have a happy life without us. It makes us feel rejected because we depend on his / her approval to feel good.

If you depend only on yourself for your happiness while still being able to have a MUTUALLY satisfying relationship, then you will always be happy.

What Guys Said 2

• Well you need to tell people that you don't wanna hear about him and what he's doing. If you guys have mutual friends or if you still talk to his family (brothers, sisters, mom or dad) you need to stop that, I know it will be hard but you need to limit the amount of time he's in ur mind.

• I don't really speak to people though about him its just word of mouth I suppose...I wish he's get out of my head once and for all. I really wish I didn't meet him.

• even after time has past, your not fully healed, take this time to consider and do something you new boyfriend will enjoy so you can make better memories now than those in the past.

What Girls Said 1

• i feel that the reason that you get bothered is because deep inside you probably stil have a spark for him..

• There's no denying I will always feel something for him, I was with him for over 8 years....it's just sometimes hard I suppose that I didn't mean that much to him. Maybe it's because he moved on so quickly. I just so wish I could be happy that he's eventually found the one and that's he's really happy with her. I don't want to look back with regret. It just seems that it's all happening for him when nothing much seems to go my way and it hurts....I always think the grass is greenner..what bout u?