Break-Ups, how do we get over people we have split from? What remedies do you use? Tips? Techniques?

Breaking up is never easy whether its you splitting up or them. But what do we do as women/men to get over the other person. How do they fade importance out of life. Do we see our friends more
? Eat chocolate? Deliberately do things that would knowingly annoy or aggravate the other person to really finalise it.

812

Most Helpful Guy

• The only thing that really works is time.
    Playing the old, "You hurt me so I am going to hurt you" only keeps your mind on that person. Let him/her go.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can only say this.

There are no remedies for breakups. Techniques to use, or tips to follow and go by. Everybody have their own specifics needs that are different from everybody else. It depends on one's intentions, the severity of the breakup, how it happened, why and what did both parties do in the relationship that resulted in that.

We can't just get over that person. You have to just do the basic steps of removing that person from your life. That means removing all items that they gave you. That includes,: jewelry, makeup, clothes, cards, movies, cd's, gifts, etc. That includes electronics as well. If it's photos that have you two together, rip it up, burn it and or throw it out. If on multimedia devices: delete every photo with them on it. Even if it's with you and friends. Or with him and your family. On social media, all of that must be deleted from every account. That includes their contacts. Block and delete them from there. Any contacts you have on your phone must be blocked and deleted as well after you send their stuff back if they gave you something personal of theirs. Make sure you have no physical film on DVD's, VHS, etc that has them on it. That also has to go.

If you do end up crossing paths, you have the choice to say hi, if they respond, and give a gesture and walk away. No contact for more than 5 seconds.

How you choose to handle the situation afterward depends on you. If its so bad that you can't handle it; schedule an appointment to speak with a professional therapist or counselor. It's always good to talk to a parent who is wise, and friends who are capable of being mature and giving you space. As well as not force you to do things you don't want to do or shove their views on you.

Also, write down the things you done in your last relationship with that person, such as partying, drinking, sex, etc. Figure out what made the relationship fall apart, and make sure to eliminate that before you seek another relationship again. Always have time for yourself. And give yourself at least 3 months or more to settle down.

• There must be one specific thing that we all require that is the same in the instance of a break up? Could we make a remedie with added tips and demands that by the end of it all have we not only gotten over that person but we have also achieved things a long the way? xx

• @dancinginthewind1

Everything boils down to choices. We either let them go or keep them. If they were no good for us, then you have to make the difficult choices without fail. We all do not require the same thing. Some need's closure, others need's to just separate from them. The problem has a lot to do with sexual relationships and relationship where it was very physical. The more sexual and physical a relationship was, the harder it is to break off. The less physical to no sexual relationship, the easier it can be to remove yourself from the person. We can't just tell people what to do without knowing the full extent of their relationship. That also means talking about the difficult topics.

• Hi ya dancinginthewind1 how are ya would you be interested in some photo email exchanges please let me know msward@hurontel. on. ca