Chatted to him after 3 years and I can't judge his attitude towards me.. please help?

Anonymous
so there is this guy who was a great friend of mine and i actually liked him too seriously and he almost knew it without any confessions. I thought he took me for granted those days ( 3 years back) and i stopped contacting him. We had cold war, he had ego and i had insulted him too those days. But I always said sorry because he was important to me. But anyway he was that angry that we didn't get in touch for 3 years. We worked for the same company and I recently resigned wishing good bye to my colleagues and office friends including him and he congratulated me on email and wished all the best asking where i was going to join. I was glad he bothered. and i chatted to him then. I found he was good to talk with and said he would meet me incase I happen to be in NYC as he is moving there but there was no informal word from his end like "lol" or anything. I was totally friendly like how i used to be 3 years back. While we chatted I stupidly mentioned that i felt bad that he didn't want to be in contact with me and he replied that he didn't even want to talk about that. This was too blunt and i just said yea let's not and wished him bye.

I don't want to overthink but please tell me about his attitude. i don't want to sound like a clingy person to him. Would he think bad about me if I was being friendly and did not act formally? And if sounds like he is cool like a normal friend?
1
1