Which phrase should I tell this guy who's a mutual friend of a friend that I no longer wish to have contact with?

Anonymous
A few months ago John* tried to get with Kate*. At the time I met John he didn't know that I was friends with Kate. I only know he tried to pursue Kate because she sent me screen shots asking what she should do (she said he's cool as a friend, nothing more) so when he tried to approach me soon afterwards I know essentially I was the plan B and brushed off his advances. I told him I know all about him trying Kate and how I'm obviously lower on his priority list, the fallback girl but he denied it!

After him relentlessly asking for my # I gave in so he'd leave me alone! But I told him as friends. Now he's constantly texting me and I realize that I don't want him in my life as even a friend. I wouldn't mind saying hello if I happen to see him around campus.

I'm not one to let things fade out because it never works for me. Here are the two phrases I've come up with to text or say over the phone but if you have anything better please feel free to share.

First: John, I'm not a good friend and you deserve better. I hope you find what you are looking for. Please
do not contact me anymore.

Second: John, we don't have enough in common to even be friends. I hope you find what you are looking for. Please do not contact me anymore.

*names have been changed
the first (say he deserves better)
the second (say we're not compatible)
GirlGuy
1
5