My girlfriend recently cheated, should I forgive her?

My girlfriend of 3 years recently cheated having a drunken one night stand, she told me the day after if that makes it any better I don't know, she says she regrets it and loves me and always will but if she does why did she cheat, I'm lost and don't know what to do,can I ever trust her again. any help plz

14

Most Helpful Guy

• i disagree with everything paragiveadamn said. she cheated on you. drunk or not, it is not an excuse. just think about it. she obviously wasn't caring enough to keep you in mind that she is in a 3 year relationship to stop her from cheating. its not like she made out with him, she f*cked him. I am not a cheater, once a cheater always a cheater. don't ever think that you can forgive someone like that. don't you feel hurt, betrayed, and feels like her stabbing you in the back? if you are really the age between 18-24, move on. if you do decide to stay with her, think about all the feelings and you have now. they won't go away. you are always going to think about her and what she's doing when she's not with you. then sooner or later when you start annoying her because you learn that you really can't trust her, she might turn around and dump you. how can you trust someone who cheated on you to go out by themselves and not do it again? yea she will be upset if you break it off, but she's the one who went out, got drunk, probably had a great time, and f*ucked another guy. if that's someone you want to be with then by all means. I know its harsh, what I said, but a cheater is a cheater. I wish you the best of luck and you deserve a lot better than that.

What Girls Said 1

• i can't tell you what to do but I wouldnt. she shouldnt have put herself in that situation. she got drunk and f***ed some random guy? ew. what if he had a disease or something? no telling where that guy has been..yuck if you do forgive her I don't think you should forgive her immediately...wait a few months and take a break from her. if its meant to be (if at all) then go back to her

What Guys Said 3

• Take several things into account about your relationship BUT look at it now more dispassionately. Start looking at patterns, rhythms in her behavior and reaction towards you and your actions towards her. What has to be understood is how drunk she really was. Was conscious of her decision recalling in a sober mind? Is the person she slept with random or someone previously known (Note: History can prove to us that the closer and longer the history of the girl and guy gives greater reason not to give a second chance). In the end, these potentially pervasive and all-consuming acts lead to your decision based on your assessment of the relationship at an analytical level and of course the big picture. From the countless scholarly journals, thesis and even a handful of my friends the first time we cheat (whether cheating is part of an innate co-morbidity or part of our personalities we immediately create a complex. And that complex eventually encompasses the mind entirely, most certainly affecting trust and intimacy in the long run for future and current relationships. Make your observations, logical, critical and emotional, write them down. Sit down with her, explain that these aren't allegations or accusations but simply observations that if are perceived to be incorrect, then must be given merit for the opposition. Let her know that your trust in her has been compromised and if a common understanding is reached to maintain the relationship that you'll let her know literally when you've gained her trust again (be strict with this date in your head, 3 months, 6 months 1 year, whatever as long as you both, mostly her, stick to the mutual agreements.I wish you both best of luck and keep posted.

• Let me just say this... SHE DOESN'T REGRET WHAT SHE DID. It was good to her, she knows it. She cheated because it was the thing to do. Deep down she really wanted to. She is "guilty" about it, and she is having her cake and eating it too, nothing more. If the shoe was on the other foot how would she take it? No matter what she tells you, she would be so hurt that she would leave you. She is basically saying that you are a wuss and have so much feelings for her that you will forgive and forget. She had that wild night that she secretly wanted, and you will let her get away with it because you are a "nice guy" and not a man in her eyes. It's time to go. Move on, and don't be friends with her... For future reference, this is what happens when you tell a woman your feelings and treat her good.

• Ok. I tried 3 times now to write something in favor of the relationship but nothing that made sense came out of it.

Sorry =(