Are you a more honest version of yourself when you're drunk?

My ex and I were doing okay with the whole "let's just be friends" thing until recently. We had been texting on and off throughout the day and I didn't realize he ended up at his friend's house drinking until he started telling me how much he missed me and how stupid he was for breaking up with me.

It just caught me really off guard. He told me a couple of days ago how much he hated being single. It just seems like such weird timing to me. I don't know what to do. :/

32

Most Helpful Guy

• It has nothing to do with honesty. He just told you a bunch of things that he was afraid to tell you, because he didn't know how you would react. The alcohol made that fear go away, and that's why he spilled the beans on how he truly felt.

Doesn't happen with everyone. I'm a shy guy, but not in a self-conscious sense. I just have trouble talking to girls. Getting drunk doesn't help - it just makes me get MORE shy. It just makes me care less about what other people think.

What Guys Said 1

• you have to be careful with this, because its possible that he was just reallly wasted and didn't know what he was talking about.

but yes, to a certain degree I'm a little bit more myself around a group of people if I've had a couple beers.

• He said he meant what he said the next day. I just feel like the timing makes it kinda weird.

• I guess I just wonder why he couldn't say that sober. He said he meant it, but maybe he's just following it through because he already said it?

• Sounds to me like in this case he was really just afraid to say that until he had a little help from his good old friend jack daniels ;)

What Girls Said 3

• So your tryin to say he might just want a girlfriend and he might not really like you!

• ok maybe he's drinkin rit now 2 wash the guilt away, but maybe you shuld try workin things out! yu'll never kno, until yu try

• well ask him about it see if he feels the same way when he's sobber!

• He DID say he meant it. But I just feel like the timing is weird because only a couple of days earlier he was complaining about being single.