How to get my ex boyfriend back and what is he thinking when he is ignoring me?

Louisemac29
My ex and I were together for 2/3 years. Mid summer he starts a new job, he was around less and we started arguing quite regularly. Were both quite stubborn so our arguments were often quite long and painful. He tried to break up with me but I convinced him to give me a chance to change, and we did it was going well, no arguing no tension. Then two weeks later I catch him messaging someone else and rather explain himself he broke up with me saying "we can't make eachother happy any more". This was 10 weeks ago. I know Now i should have been more supportive and appreciate him way more. I just want a proper chance to make things up to him.

During the breakup I cried and begged and broke down. But I read about no contact, so after that first day I completely cut off contact for a month. But I don't think it had much impact given he didn't try to reach out to me at all either. After that l we have spoken a little here and there, and seen eachother a couple of times to give back eachother's things, and he's been really hot and cold with me. When we see eachother there's chemistry, and sometimes he'll start a conversations; but then he'll start being short, sometimes taking days to reply, or wanting to close down conversations ASAP.

Three nights ago we eventually met for a drink - we had a long chat and caught up without mentioning the relationship at all. I thought it went well. He had positive body language towards me, when we hugged goodbye he seemed to hold on a little longer, and at the end I really thought he might kiss me. But I just wanted to keep things friendly so I walked away.

I messaged him after saying how nice it had been, but he hasn't said anything back. I also then messaged him yesterday casually about an article about something we both enjoyed, and he has ignored that too. I dont understand why he would want to meet up with me but after it goes well doesn't want to talk to me. What do I need to do now? I don't want to miss my chance to get him back
1
0