Was hooking up with my ex a bad idea?

I've recently started hanging out with my ex again, who I dated for about 2 years. our relationship ended 9 months ago, and iv been in another relationship since then. well as soon as my most recent relationship ended, my ex from 9 months ago has started coming around A LOT.

we hangout pretty regularly and act just like we're friends. but 2 nights ago we hooked up randomly. now for the past couple days he's been calling me 'babe' and telling me he loves me and that he wishes we never broke up. I'm not trying to get back in a relationship with him, because obviously it didn't work out the first time. he keeps saying that he changed and ill see how different he is soon, but I REALLY don't want to get back with him. he seems to think that we are on track to rekindling our love or something. honestly, I only like him as a friend and I only hooked up with him because I wanted to get laid and I knew he could get the job done. as bad as that might sound... its true. so, what should I tell this guy without breaking his heart again?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him you're a bitch for using him and he shouldn't be feeling those things because it wasn't real on your end. If you don't feel bad about what you did... then you don't deserve advice. Hooking up with your ex was a terrible idea on your end... Tell him you're sorry for getting his hopes up... and his penis. Self-absorbed... 2 years? that guy is a trooper.

What Guys Said 1

• Just tell him how you feel. Don't let it get further down the line or you will just compound the problem.

What Girls Said 1

• i think you can not tell him this without breaking his heart again but you should be honest and tell him this as soon as possible