Is it normal to still feel down after a breakup a month later?

We split 1 month ago and seemed so sudden. One minute we were talking future plans and holidays. The next minute he dumps me over text.
Background:
That weekend of breakup we had a great weekend with each of kids in tow... i had been so stressed with work, my living situation that it was refreshing to have a fun weekend. on Sunday i had been irritated that his sons mom ruined our plans we had that evening. because if we did that to her she'd have a shit fit. it involved not picking their son up at 9 instead of 6. I was irritated and probably more than i should've been in hind sight, but my stress built up i lost my temper. I have never lost my temper around him. i told him how everything was building up and he totally listened. i was so frustrated with my living situation and how i wished he was ready to move in. i let every emotion go. all bad i know. we chatted about what to do fix things and that wed move in together in the next yr and hed help me financially move closer to him in the meantine. hed also deal with his ex about better pick up communication etc. he seemed willing to work together. i felt good that we could fix things by talking etc. that had been a problem in the past... communication. When i left, he said he couldn't wait to have a future with me and he loved me so much.
mere hours later he dumped me over text after 2 years. no explanation. crushed and angry. i have barely heard from him in the past month. I've tried to reach out every now and again, but its been 2 weeks. not a word. im heartbroken... its been a month and though its a tiny bit better im still just as crushed and feel heartbroken. we had an otherwise great relationship... I don't know... im a mess.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry to hear about your recent breakup. I know you're trying to be tough, but a month is nothing when it comes to a breakup over a two year relationship. I know there's a lack of closure and the way he broke up with you over a text did not make it any better for you. It's ok to cry, and it's ok to feel bad, but don't blame your self. Give your time to heel and grieve your loss properly. I hope I helped.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's been almost a year and I'm still down HaHAHAha. So yeah it's normal. Don't worry things will get better.. Eventually.

What Guys Said 2

• A month is very normal.

• a month isn't really that long ago so I wouldn't say its not normal to still feel upset about the breakup , were also heading into the holidays

What Girls Said 2

• Of course, hang in there.

• Of course it's normal, it just means you strong enough cause you didn't take that long to get over it 👌🏻😊 live your life, life is full of hopes for you.