Guys if you stop contact with a girl for a while, would you rather the girl just ignore you if eventually do text her or rather her just end things?

I guess if a guy isn't sure what he wants and he just sends random texts every once and a while without wanting more or ending things, what would you expect/want a girl to do: ignore you if you ever decide to contact her again after much time or for her to end things completely with a goodbye take care text?
Would a guy think a girl who sends a goodbye text is trying to reach out to him?

11