How to stop being in love with someone?

There is a guy that I think I may love, but there is no chance of us ever having anything- we have had history blah blah- and so I realise I need to move on. Everything I have tried, giving it time (it's been 3 years I know I'm pathetic), burying my self in work, focusing on new guys, hobbies... but they all seem to just cover my feelings, and not properly deal with them. Anyone have any advice on what I can do to stop pining and being an idiot?:(

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• All the advice i would have gave you, you basically tried them all as i can see. You need to focus on other men really. This is gonna sound harsh but after 3 years if you really really can't get over a guy and you know nothing will ever happen it is becoming a obsession and you might want to consider professional help. I'm sorry i really don't want to insult you and don't take offence to it but that's what i think. Find yourself another guy and move on (people come and go it's ok you need to let go) or consider the aforementioned. You're seventeeeeeen it's a bright new free world in front of view get out there and get over this guy!!!

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you so much! And I know you're right it is more of an obsession/fixation now, and it's more from the lack of men surrounding me atm (all girls school🙄) which is why I'm still pining. Thank you!:)

• Yes i understand it is harder to find other men at a all girls school. 😜 how did you meet the last guy? Do the same?
      Look, if i was 17 i would date you right away i promise you. You seem pretty smart just not in a situation to forget about the guy. It would not take much for you to find someone else if you just put yourself out there with those looks. ;)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I really wish I could help, but I can't offer any advice because I have the same problem. I was engaged to a girl & we've been broken up for about a year and a half now & I'm still struggling with it.

Yeah, & I feel stupid about it too, & I try to cover my feelings but I always end up struggling my college classes or something else. I wish I had an answer how to get out of the funk, but at least know you're not crazy & you're not the only one who finds it hard to get over someone you love.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you, that helped! I feel/felt like such a lower for not being able to get over him but at least I know I'm not alone:) good luck!

• Thanks & good luck to you too 🌻

• I had the same problem when I was younger, but after so many years I had to move on and find another woman. He maybe the guy that fits all of your standards and you have strong feeling for him, but I think it's bc you haven't found another that meets his standards. If you don't move on and give another a real chance, then you maybe passing up good guys. If it's been three long years and nothing has come of it since, then he probably doesn't like you anymore. Move on and I promise you that you'll find someone just as good of not better. But you can't find this new person if you don't move on. And no, I do t think you're pathetic, it's just you haven't found his replacement yet.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you! And I know he doesn't like me, and I never truly liked him.. like it's only when we fought and stopped talking when I began to like him... I see what you mean! Thank you:)

• Find someone else to crush on I guess since you've tried everything else

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes