How to stop being in love with someone?

There is a guy that I think I may love, but there is no chance of us ever having anything- we have had history blah blah- and so I realise I need to move on. Everything I have tried, giving it time (it's been 3 years I know I'm pathetic), burying my self in work, focusing on new guys, hobbies... but they all seem to just cover my feelings, and not properly deal with them. Anyone have any advice on what I can do to stop pining and being an idiot?:(

04

Most Helpful Guy

• All the advice i would have gave you, you basically tried them all as i can see. You need to focus on other men really. This is gonna sound harsh but after 3 years if you really really can't get over a guy and you know nothing will ever happen it is becoming a obsession and you might want to consider professional help. I'm sorry i really don't want to insult you and don't take offence to it but that's what i think. Find yourself another guy and move on (people come and go it's ok you need to let go) or consider the aforementioned. You're seventeeeeeen it's a bright new free world in front of view get out there and get over this guy!!!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you so much! And I know you're right it is more of an obsession/fixation now, and it's more from the lack of men surrounding me atm (all girls school🙄) which is why I'm still pining. Thank you!:)

• Yes i understand it is harder to find other men at a all girls school. 😜 how did you meet the last guy? Do the same?
      Look, if i was 17 i would date you right away i promise you. You seem pretty smart just not in a situation to forget about the guy. It would not take much for you to find someone else if you just put yourself out there with those looks. ;)