My ex was everything I wanted, yet I was always mad?

Anonymous
My ex boyfriend was everything I want in a guy. He was funny, loyal, kind, shared the same interests as me, attractive, caring, a good listener, family-oriented, works full time, goes to school part time, and I could go on and on. For some reason, however, I was never satisfied with what he did for me. I always wanted more. I'm having trouble figuring out why that is. He broke up with me because he said I constantly made him feel like he wasn't good enough for me. Looking back now, I have no idea why I did it. Naturally, I want more than anything to get back with him now that he is gone, but before I even pursue trying to talk to him and see if he wants me back... I'm trying to identify why I couldn't fully love him and why I would get so upset.

Does anyone know anyway that I can evaluate my feelings and see if this really is love that I have for him or anyway that I can determine what it is about him that would just overshadow all of his great qualities and make me act this way towards him? I do not want to even mention getting back together until I can find the root of this desire to start and continue arguments all the time.
4
1