Did the no contact rule work for you to get your ex back? If so how long did it take and are you still together?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't credit us for getting baack together, however i think it made things way better for us when we did and it took ~ 8 months ish.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• The no contact rule isn't designed to get your ex back, it is designed to get them out of your life so that you can heal and begin to move on. No relationships are built or improved by removing contact.

The idea of no contact is that it's very hard to grieve for someone who isn't gone. It's like trying to hold a funeral for a person who is attending the funeral and still very much alive. No contact allows you to focus on yourself without being constantly exposed to the person who is causing you pain.

0|0
    0|0
    • So why are there so many things on line talking about how NC works to get your ex back?

• That's a hard game to play, too many variables

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really

0|0
    0|0
  • It worked somewhat.

She got back in touch 8 months after the break up. She sounded really willing to meet up, but we never did.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah once I got out, the restrainting order was lifted that her parents took out and one she turned the legal age of consent we werw able to finally be together even if we lost two years.

0|0
    1|0
  • Nope, it's to get them out of your life. Keeping them around delays healing.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Only when I didn't want to. I broke up with a guy, didn't want to talk to him, had no interest in him and he managed to find my new phone number... 3 times? He was a loon, so I can't say my experience will be the same as yours.

0|0
    0|0
  • The no contact worked great I didn't want him back.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Usually out of sight, out of mind is how it goes

0|0
    0|0
  • to get him back - no, to get me back? hell yeah!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes