Can I get my ex back?

My ex and i split up a month ago. I haven't heard from him much since then. We had a great relationship up until the day of breakup. We had a big fight over moving forward by moving in at some point. I think i pushed too hard and i got a bit emotional about it. We both calmed down and we seemed better, he even said our fight/talk will make us stronger as a couple. He told me loved me so much. After i left he dumped me over text just hrs later, no explanation and since then he's been cold and mean. I haven't heard from him in a few weeks. We had an amazingly great relationship and i know he probably dwelled on our fight and he has commitment issues. I know he loves me. How can i get him to talk to me or maybe even get him back? I kniw every one will say get over it and move on he's an ex for a reason. But im sure this isn't the end of us... we never fought, 2 years together.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Im sorry your going through this. I too am recently out of a 3 year relationship and I know the pain you are going through and the crippling feeling. This is not a fight you are alone in be around people who appreciate you for who you are. Spend time with friends and family, exercise and try and take it one step at a time. As for the relationship only you can decide if its worth it for you to make the effort. The fact that he told you everything was fine and then waited till you left and texted you is very immature and not at all fair to you. If he asked for space give it to him ask him how long he would like it and let him know you are still there if he would like to talk. If he hasn't asked for space, I would continue to talk to him but not like you were in a relationship, if he doesn't answer give it a week and try again if after a few times no reply I think you have your answer. Do not for any reason bring up the old relationship I have made that mistake and it only pushes them away more. Treat it like you would a new relationship and give it time. If you decide you want him back after some time I would suggest addressing the issues of his commitment. Its your choice on what you want to do there is no promise to what will happen. At the end of the day you can control you and what you want to do. I hope you all the best and again just remember your not alone.

• He won't talk to me right now. he's ignored me but i haven't tried in 3 weeks.
      Im trying to move on and do well for me. Im hoping we'll get to talk in the future, but I don't know at this point. I know he's not seeing anyone though.

• I'll probably wait to reach out after the new yr. Any extra time will help. Unless he contacts me before that. Thank you for your tips

• No problem! Best of luck to you and happy holidays.