Can I get my ex back?

My ex and i split up a month ago. I haven't heard from him much since then. We had a great relationship up until the day of breakup. We had a big fight over moving forward by moving in at some point. I think i pushed too hard and i got a bit emotional about it. We both calmed down and we seemed better, he even said our fight/talk will make us stronger as a couple. He told me loved me so much. After i left he dumped me over text just hrs later, no explanation and since then he's been cold and mean. I haven't heard from him in a few weeks. We had an amazingly great relationship and i know he probably dwelled on our fight and he has commitment issues. I know he loves me. How can i get him to talk to me or maybe even get him back? I kniw every one will say get over it and move on he's an ex for a reason. But im sure this isn't the end of us... we never fought, 2 years together.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Im sorry your going through this. I too am recently out of a 3 year relationship and I know the pain you are going through and the crippling feeling. This is not a fight you are alone in be around people who appreciate you for who you are. Spend time with friends and family, exercise and try and take it one step at a time. As for the relationship only you can decide if its worth it for you to make the effort. The fact that he told you everything was fine and then waited till you left and texted you is very immature and not at all fair to you. If he asked for space give it to him ask him how long he would like it and let him know you are still there if he would like to talk. If he hasn't asked for space, I would continue to talk to him but not like you were in a relationship, if he doesn't answer give it a week and try again if after a few times no reply I think you have your answer. Do not for any reason bring up the old relationship I have made that mistake and it only pushes them away more. Treat it like you would a new relationship and give it time. If you decide you want him back after some time I would suggest addressing the issues of his commitment. Its your choice on what you want to do there is no promise to what will happen. At the end of the day you can control you and what you want to do. I hope you all the best and again just remember your not alone.

1|0
    0|0
    • He won't talk to me right now. he's ignored me but i haven't tried in 3 weeks.
      Im trying to move on and do well for me. Im hoping we'll get to talk in the future, but I don't know at this point. I know he's not seeing anyone though.

• Show All
    • I'll probably wait to reach out after the new yr. Any extra time will help. Unless he contacts me before that. Thank you for your tips

• No problem! Best of luck to you and happy holidays.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• He doesn't have commitment issues. He has them with you personally. It's over permanently and completely and you will not remain friends even if he suggests or agrees to it. Get over it and him and get on with your life

0|0
    1|0
    • Actually he does have commitment issues... he's never been able to settle down with anyone not even his son's mom

• Show All
    • If it was so amazing then why are you broken up?

• Because i pushed him... everything was good until that...

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think you can get him back. You were being selfish. You were thinking about what you wanted out of the relationship and you weren't thinking about what he wanted. Nobody should ever be pressured to do something that they don't want to do. He didn't want to move in with you and you wanted to force him to move in with you against his will.

0|0
    0|0
    • I was not forcing him to do anything. We even talked about me moving nearby him instead and then revisit the moving in later. Yes i asked if he wantec to too many times, but its not like i dragged and beat him into doing that.

Recommended myTakes