Will a guy ever really change? I'm so afraid someone will get what I wanted him to be?

Anonymous
So my ex and i just didn't work. He was cold not affectionate at all and not spontaneous. He also had a very low sex drive. I still loved him through all his awkwardness and tried to make it work. But eventually it just got to be too hard to give up the things I wanted. He wanted to be with his friends all the time, he never called me babe or anything like that. He even said himself he knows he sucks at that stuff. So my question is now that he's talking to someone new all I can think about is how he's going to be different with her. How he's going to give her everything I wanted and waited years for him to give me. Does it work that way? Will he see what he did wrong and be different? Or since that's his core personality he will treat her the same way? It's killing me to think someone will get that from him.
2
2