So my boyfriend is calling me now after 1 month apart- WHY does he want to be friends?

Broke up a month ago. I gave him space. He called me 3 days ago,said how much he misses me and really wants to talk. I didn't return call,. His mom called me and said he was wanting to talk. Called him today. He asks me how work is, how the dogs are, how my life is. I say doing great. I finally said OK, good luck , and he said he didn't want to stop talking to me. He wants to call me back in 2 days. I said OK, well see how it goes.

He didn't say anything about getting back together. I don't understand why he wants to be in contact.( its not for sex, because he lives in another state.)

But what is his goal? I don't get it...

11

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be that he is having second thought about the relationship and the breakup,but is still not quite sure what to do. It also seems that he misses you too and want someone to talk to. But if he didn't appreciate your company when he had it, the question is, why now?

What Guys Said 1

• It could be that while although he does not want to get back together with you, he may still want to be your friend because whatever you two had was nice and he enjoyed talking to you. Maybe he just misses talking to you. It's not hard. The main question is, why are you do so badly want to avoid him and NOT be friends? Is there a problem with him talking to you? Does him talking to you need to have some sort of ulterior motive? If the answer is no, then I see no reason why you have such a problem with this. He may just want to be your friend for the sake of not throwing away a good friendship like he may have had with you when you two were dating.

The thing is, I have no idea, and nobody here can tell you so here's a funny thought... ASK HIM! Or would you rather just dodge his calls and avoid him like a coward? Is confronting this thing head on too sane or rational for you? Grow a spine, be the empowered woman you should be, and actually talk to him about this to find out what's what on your own without the help of strangers like me. If you don't want to talk to him and it's really that bad, then just tell him bluntly, you don't want to talk to him, tell him why, and demand he leaves you and your family alone.

This kinda stuff isn't exactly rocket science.

• I'm checking back on a lot of my old answers like I usually do. I wanted to do a follow up to see if what I told you was at all helpful to you. So did my advice help?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!