How long did it take you to get over an ex you loved? Was it hard to see someone else after?

175

Most Helpful Guy

• It's been 2 months and I'm not over her. I still love her and also hate her guts now, but want nothing to do with her since she cheated. I was completely in love with her. I made it my mission to move on from her asap and so I didn't really give myself time to heal before I started dating again. I've been seeing another girl for the past 5 weeks now.

• Wow that sounds exactly like what happened to me in the past, except I didn't meet someone else until like a year later. In the end it really did take a little over a year to finally forget him. I hope this new girl helps you keep your mind off things.

• Sorry for the late reply, I don't use this site much. Now that it's been another month, I hope you're a lot more over her. I hope you never cross paths with a cheater ever again. Happy New Year <3

• actually just met another incredible girl a couple hours ago, see my profile if you want to see it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been separated from my husband now for almost a year. For financial reasons, we haven't started the process of divorce yet. But he decided that since we're "not together" that he can go and do what he wants with who he wants. It hurts at first but you come to realize that the relationship didn't last for a reason.

Loving someone is only half of the journey. The other person has to love you back and be willing to make it work. With that said, seeing someone else after isn't hard if that person is everything that you actually needed.

Sometimes you have to lose something good to find something GREAT. Good luck!

• "Seeing someone else after isn't hard if that person is everything that you actually needed," beautifully said. Thank you.