Which is worse; feeling lonely because you are actually alone, or feeling lonely because the person you are with makes you feel invisible?

611

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Being with someone who makes you feel invisible. I can find contentment on my own, even if I'm lonely , but I'd never find contentment with a guy who made me feel invisible. I'd feel even more lonely in that type of relationship than if I was single

What Guys Said 10

• the feeling lonely with someone else is much much worse for some reason. I've heard that from others. It is painful. The other one can be cured with strength to get out and socialize, workout, talk, etc..

But when someone else is there, there is expectation of engagement and connection where you can't figure out how to make it work and it burns emotional strength like you wouldn't believe. It's terrible, the stress and strain. this is a no brainer to me..

. If you are in that scenario, I feel for you. I've talked with a guy in my mens group where he and his wife are in this scenario and it is misery and he shows it. I tried to explain how to get out of it.. but people have to take action and control when they are able, you can't "make a horse drink" so to speak.

• Feeling lonely when you are alone because when you are with someone you can at least do something to attract its attention somehow, yell "hey i'm here you know!" or try hold its hand gently and give a great smile, that might work to reboot the emotional system, but when you are truly alone... at whom will you yell or what hand will you grab?

• The latter.

• As somebody who is not looking for love, I'd say actually being alone. No girl was ever interested in me in my life, I've never had even a kiss. And I'd do anything to change that. Besides, if actually being alone was the better option, don't you think all people who are stuck in the second scenario would just break up? There is your answer

• Feeling lonely because your partner makes you feel invisible is worse. A person in this situation doesn't feel appreciated, loved or an equal in the relationship.

No wonder people end up cheating because of this!

• I think the latter is worse

• Fix both 🔧

• I'd say feeling lonely because your partner makes you feel invisible.

• Probably being actually alone, slightly, however... if you're actually alone it's easier to fix.

• move in with me babya

What Girls Said 5

• the second one is worse

• the second one

• It's worse when you're with somebody and you feel lonely because you don't feel like you're a priority in their lives...

• second

• the second