Do you ever cry when you go through a break up?

Do you ever cry when you go through a break up?If our hearts were logical beings, we would never allow ourselves to fall in love.

What do you get when you fall in love?
A guy with a pin to burst your bubble
That's what you get for all your trouble
I'll never fall in love again

Some songwriters really capture the pain of break ups in their lyrics. They know that falling in love is great but breaking up can be SO painful.

After you go
I can catch up on my readin'
After you go
I'll have a lot more time for sleepin'
And when you're gone looks like things
Are gonna be a lot easier
Life will be a breeze you know
I really should be glad
But I'm bluer than blue, sadder than sad
You're the only light this empty room has ever had
Life without you is gonna be. . . bluer than blue!

Men have a stereotyped image of always controlling their emotions and never crying about anything but I think that is a big myth. I have certainly cried some tears over a few break ups and a divorce.

I'm not talking about somebody who you went out with twice and you realized it would never develop into anything. I'm talking about someone you dated for months, you had feelings for them, you felt an attachment. What about you? When you go through a break up, how do you react? Want to jump off of a cliff? Want to set your ex on fire? Have a party?
  • I have become suicidal as a result of a break up
  • I always cry for days and days when I go through a break up
  • I always cry, I get my feelings out quickly, and then I move on
    Vote C
  • I sometimes cry if I felt close to my SO, but sometimes I don't cry at all
    Vote D
  • I rarely cry about a break up
    Vote E
  • I never cry when I go through a break up
    Vote F
  • Cry? No, I go out and have a party!
    Vote G

1218

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like sharing my pain so I am not one to call friends when I am raw so I spend the time alone sobbing away. Full body sobs that I did not even know were possible. But I cry and let myself feel the pain but I do not let on to anyone that I am in pain. That I keep private.

But I do not become suicidal and I know that it will pass. But I will let myself feel the pain albeit privately.

Since you shared a breakup song, I thought I would share one with you. It is one that wishes our love well even though we will not be together.

If you are going through a break up older and wiser, please know I am sending you hugs your way.

Jo Dee Messina's I Wish You Well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XioExXJxMlI

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't cry. My eyes just randomly decide to water my beard, that's all.