Do you ever cry when you go through a break up?

Do you ever cry when you go through a break up?If our hearts were logical beings, we would never allow ourselves to fall in love.

What do you get when you fall in love?
A guy with a pin to burst your bubble
That's what you get for all your trouble
I'll never fall in love again

Some songwriters really capture the pain of break ups in their lyrics. They know that falling in love is great but breaking up can be SO painful.

After you go
I can catch up on my readin'
After you go
I'll have a lot more time for sleepin'
And when you're gone looks like things
Are gonna be a lot easier
Life will be a breeze you know
I really should be glad
But I'm bluer than blue, sadder than sad
You're the only light this empty room has ever had
Life without you is gonna be. . . bluer than blue!

Men have a stereotyped image of always controlling their emotions and never crying about anything but I think that is a big myth. I have certainly cried some tears over a few break ups and a divorce.

I'm not talking about somebody who you went out with twice and you realized it would never develop into anything. I'm talking about someone you dated for months, you had feelings for them, you felt an attachment. What about you? When you go through a break up, how do you react? Want to jump off of a cliff? Want to set your ex on fire? Have a party?
  • I have become suicidal as a result of a break up
    Vote A
  • I always cry for days and days when I go through a break up
    Vote B
  • I always cry, I get my feelings out quickly, and then I move on
    Vote C
  • I sometimes cry if I felt close to my SO, but sometimes I don't cry at all
    Vote D
  • I rarely cry about a break up
    Vote E
  • I never cry when I go through a break up
    Vote F
  • Cry? No, I go out and have a party!
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like sharing my pain so I am not one to call friends when I am raw so I spend the time alone sobbing away. Full body sobs that I did not even know were possible. But I cry and let myself feel the pain but I do not let on to anyone that I am in pain. That I keep private.

But I do not become suicidal and I know that it will pass. But I will let myself feel the pain albeit privately.

Since you shared a breakup song, I thought I would share one with you. It is one that wishes our love well even though we will not be together.

If you are going through a break up older and wiser, please know I am sending you hugs your way.

Jo Dee Messina's I Wish You Well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XioExXJxMlI

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't cry. My eyes just randomly decide to water my beard, that's all.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• My college boyfriend 1 1/2 - 2 years - C and D.
    I had a lot of friends to hang out with and I moved on fairly quickly. It also helped we were not together for more than 4 months after the breakup. My feelings changed after I came back from study aboard.
    After my 10 year marriage - A, B and C.
    It was very difficult. I didn't understand it. There were times I only had negative thoughts. Like many, you question the purpose of life. But I told myself I needed a year to heal. And thats what I did. I reflected and I learned and I moved on.

There are so much in life to look forward to than to dwell into the past, thus I look into the positive. It helps to have great friends, families and internet friends for support. Plus a positive outlook in life.

That brings me to the last breakup, it was a lot easier. D and E.
    My outlook in breakups changed. You realized thats not the right person for you. Its best to let him/her go. You can't have the right person till you let the wrong person go. Prehaps, he/she will meet the right partner.

I tell myself, I tried. It didn't work. I learned and gained from ea. relationship and bring the positive to the next relationship.

My goal is obviously to be married to one person for life. But I also accepted that it takes two mature people to maintain a happy, loving relationship. It takes work and if you are with the right person, you two will work for ea. other and continue to love ea. other.
    Thats why I see breakups as a life experience that you have learned, gained and you need to move on to someone to who will build a future with you and shares the same goals and value you the way you value your partner.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, but no one would ever know. I'm the sort of person who crys in private.

0|1
    0|0
  • off and on for months... but of course, you knew that already didn't you...

0|1
    0|0
  • first relationship - didn't cry
    most recent relationship - cried A LOT. i must have lost a quarter of my hair as a result of all the sadness.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do and with my last break up I cried for 3 hours and would have cried almost all day if I didn't get girl time that day with my friend

0|0
    0|0
  • I cry over many things, this would be no exception

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but I will be down..

0|1
    0|0
  • i never cry

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope coz i am always the one leaving

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, i do cry quite often actually. Even when i actually moved on but mostly because i miss being in love and being loved. I usually find it really, really hard to relate to others so I know i will be lonely for quite some time. Crying is my own way to cope with stuff and it helps me a lot! Most important is that it happens in private

1|2
    0|0
  • I usually cry for few days and move on!

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• I did cry, when my first serious girlfriend broke my heart.
    Since then. . . no.
    The experience with her left me psychologically incapable of feeling romantic love.

0|1
    0|0
  • My last girlfriend turned out to be a gold digger so I wasn't sad at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did cry when I broke up with my girlfriend. The break up last a month, we decided to get back together when we realized there are many goals we have in common. Even though I cry I didnĀ“t cry that much, but I felt depressed.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes... for days... because my relationships were long and deeply rooted in both parts, i hate short "let's just hang out maybe fuck then bye" relationships in which case i will not shed a tear

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted D. When my last relationship ended, I was in a depressive state and had to cry it out (in private, of course).

But the relationship before that... I didn't cry at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I do cry for awhile if it was a long relationship even when I did the breaking up , and a divorce was really bad even though how mean she was I was still upset

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the breakup. It might not be right away, either.

0|1
    0|0
  • Knowing myself.. im abslutely sure i would cry lot's... throw up... stop eating... lose weight... :(

0|1
    0|0
  • Not lately, learned not to bother with relationships to break up from back in the early 1970's.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only one I've been through yeah I did

1|1
    0|0
  • nope never

0|1
    0|0
  • I only cry during sex, damn pepper spray.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't cry straight away, but sometimes when I'm feeling emotional and think about it I might cry a bit. Or if I watch a sad episode of a tv show after a break up I might cry a bit

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I cry from my penis at all the uninhibited sex I'm about to be having.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all!

0|1
    0|0
  • Only liberal cucks cry!

1|2
    0|2
  • I have

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes