How would you feel if your ex got revenge on you for breaking up by impersonating you on facebook and sending themselves threatening messages?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/12/06/woman-impersonates-ex-boyfriend-on-facebook-and-nearly-wrecks-his-life-until-shes-caught/?utm_term=.ffbace7aecbf#comments

This is exactly what this girl did to her ex boyfriend. he broke up with her and out of petty revenge she decides to impersonate him on facebook and send herself threatening emails all in a rouse to get him imprisoned and basically ruin his life.

There's more details in the article. check it out.

According to the article he was arrested and put in jail for about 3-4 months before his grandparents had to sell their home to pay his $200,000 bail.

When they figured out that she was behind all this all she got as punishment was a year in jail. I think that's a miscarriage of justice if I ever saw one.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I would contact Facebook and notify them. I would probably call the police and give them the evidence as he may try using them against me (Revenge)

Most Helpful Guy

• That's scary that the court believed her based on her narrative, without seeing if he actually sent the message (which is easy to to). That's like not checking a gun for finger prints or bullet identification. I wonder if he gets compensation for the time spent in jail, probably losing his job, the hassle and hundreds of thousands spent on lawyers. She gets one year of jail though.

I think if this kind of neglect by the court happened in the business sector, the business (or court) would be held liable.

What Girls Said 11

• Unless she's still living with him, have the cops check the mac and IP address!

• id be pissed, but the girl is an idiot, this stuff can be easily figured out.

• That would never happen + there is szch a thing as an IP Address...

• I had somebody impersonate me online for YEARS and YEARS!!!

• I don't have facebook, I'd just call the police

• 🀣 id laugh at how pathetic they've become.

• damn that's fucked up

• I'd be pissed as hell, but I wouldn't have to care much cause he already humiliated himself.

• I'd be upset... I'd be more upset if someone believed it.

• I'd call the police. πŸ‘Or I would ask what his problem is. πŸ‘

• Why are so many people so weird and evil?

What Guys Said 3

• Contact the police or something? There are a number of criminal offences she is committing that I can get her in jail for.

• It's not that big of a deal just trace the IP address the messages were sent from back to it's source and that will show that it wasn't you.

• I'd be pissed !