Breaking up by text messages?

I dumped the last girl I dated long-term by sending her a text message. We lived at her place, so I just picked a time where she was working, removed all my stuff, and those from her that I wanted, and moved out to a new apartment that I had secretly rented, that I had used for swinger parties 2 months beforehand. Is there any reason to make break-ups more uncomfortable then they have to be?

2515

Most Helpful Girl

• well first off. you're a jerk. second of all that's a really crappy and cowardly thing to do. I don't care if it makes you feel uncomfortable grow some balls and handle it like a man. you dated this woman like a man should date a woman don't be a coward and end things via text msg.

third, nice swinger parties! really classy.. not! you will never get a selfrespecting female living the life you do. just because you dumped this girl doesn't mean you're better off.. she's better off. She's better off because she won't catch anything from you, she's better off because you don't realize how great of a person she was/could have been. Now, I don't know the whole situation but if you care so little about a human being that's low and that's something morally you have to deal with.

Lastly, breakups are uncomfortable because usually someone cares more than someone else. Usually they are uncomfortable because you do the adult thing and handle it like an adult especially if you are living together and you give someone closure that's the respectable thing to do. Not be a coward and move out when she's not around and send her a text msg.

Remember this, its lonely at the top when you have no one you really CARE about to share it with. You're what in your 30s its time to grow up and get out of your college mindset and be a MAN not a chicken!

If this offends you then think about how bad you just hurt her. Guys like you are the reason a lot of women get hurt and the few guys like you give ALL guys a bad name! Way to pull another crappy guy thing for your gender! KUDOS!

• Very cowardly.

good answer!

• How is that coward? maybe he wanted less tension

• @ mmike0: You two should have fun together, and stay away from women, far far away. HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLE AGREE WITH HIM? Sick man.

What Girls Said 24

• I cannot believe what a sniveling coward you are. You secretly rented an apartment, where you cheated on your girlfriend, you exposed her to disease, you stole from her, and to top it off you break up with her in a text--while she was at work! You should not be dating anyone--you are a child!

If you are man enough to live with a woman, then you should be man enough to tell her to her face you want to break up. You are supposed to be an adult--my 4 year old is more mature than you.

Enjoy the karma that comes to bite you in the a*s! You disgust me.

• That is the most pathetic way to break up with a girl ever! Grow some balls man and face the woman you are breaking up with. When you said that you removed "those from her that I wanted" does that mean you stole from her as well? You are a sick man.

• are you freaking kidding me? you secretly rent out an apartment and have secret parties where you cheat on her? and then you move out and take her stuff? and to top it off you break up with her through a text message which is not only cowardly but an extremely assholish way to break up with someone, especially if your together for a long time. but your worried about it being uncomfortable? I really hope you get what's coming to you.

• Wow your a total coward! Yes break ups have to be awkward and depressing and you really have to hate to do it and feel horrible for it! That is what a break up is! Showing you have enough respect for the person you were with. And to prove you actually want it to be over. It's easy to send a text message it's hard to tell a person that trusted you that your leaving

• wow what a d***. that is so disrespectful to this long term girlfriend you had.

• Wow, you are a real prize.

• She was probably crushed :(. Cold hearted, but the world is kinda cold hearted. It's just if it was long term she probably didn't see it coming, she probably wonders what's wrong with her. Whereas if you'd just been up front it might have made for a cleaner break on her side. I see where you're coming from but that doesn't mean I'd want it done to me :S. Be careful with hearts because people only have one. Hope this helps.

• OMFG! You are such a f*cking d*ck! I hope karma bikes your f*cking d*ck off you piece of sh*t! Seriously?!?!?!?!?

• You seriously didn't have the balls to break up with her to her face? That just shows you have no respect for her at all. Breakups are always going to be awkward, that's just part of life, so the least you can do is be man enough to properly do it. AND you took some of her stuff? I hope she trashes your apartment, you deserve it.

• Are your balls the size of marbles?

• that's just poor form. men like you should just grow some balls and at least have the common courtesy to break up with someone in person!

• I'm not trying to stick up for him but women aren't any better. I got broken up with over the phone.

• Im in no way shap or form trying to make it sound like its only men who do this. I think anyone who does this is just gutless. I just said men like you because it is a man that we're talking about.

• Yeah, you could try not being a sketchy asshole from the beginning. You SECRETLY rented a space? Dude... I'm all over the swinger/polyamorous thing, but what you did is CHEATING because she didn't consent to it. Try openly communicating your problems, the ones that led you to secretly rent a space to cheat on her, and see if you can solve them (within yourself if it's YOUR issue, or with her if it's a relationship problem). If they're not fixable, sack up and communicate to her that it's not working out. You took the coward's way out on so many levels. And you're never going to find a girl who's actually going to be with you for the right reasons until you get right with yourself and others.

• This has got to be a joke. I mean I get the whole breaking up by text. Lots of people do that. Lots of people are cowards. That's a given. But then I get to the swingers parties bit. Yeah I'm just not buying it anymore.

• You are a terrible person for doing that over TEXT! Dude ur at least 30 show some respect and man up and be normal! You are doing her a huge favor by getting out of her

life. She will find someone 100 times better than u. And karma will bit you in the butt. Have a nice life..

• youtube (dot) com/watch?v=5btudyWXEU0

Why did you break up? Because you were going to swingers parties?

• I think its low unless you were just really that sure of yourself that you didn't want to take the chance of being talkied into staying together.

• yea that's pretty sad you have a a big enough d*** to stick it in to someone else, but when it comes to bein a man and tellin her to her face that you wanna break up it suddenly turns into a pussy! =) ur gonna be a sad and lonely man

• It might be better for you but it is the worst way for her you just disappeared what do you think she is thinking?

• Awww :-( that's so terrible! what if someone did that to you? I

• Yeah.. I agree with about everyone here. Text breakup is just low man.

• LOL wow... Haha I think it's kinda funny

• you're a socially retarded ass. it may be uncomfortable but oh well, man up and do it. you're not a man you're a little boy.

• grow a pair a**hole.

• you are a jerk!

What Guys Said 15

• dude ur a douche bag...

A) you broke up with your long term girlfriend over TEXT

B) you moved your crap our secretivly

C) you rented an apartment for "swinger" use

D) karma will probably end up giving you herpers

jesus christ I thougth you were like 12 seeing the topic...youre 30-35 get real man wtf is wrong with you, OVER TEXT WHAT THE HELL...

• Bro it shows your utter lack of balls when you do sh*t like that. Honestly you send her a text message?!?! What the hell? You don't do that sh*t when it's a highschool relationship, let alone when it's someone you've obviously had a serious relationship with for a while. Take the time and show the maturity and talk to her face to face. You might think of it as "more uncomfortable", but seriously how do you think she felt. Leaves the house thinking everything is all good then gets a frickin text that suddenly her world just came to crashing halt. This is some little boy chicken sh*t right here, not 30-35. You "secretly rented", "swinger parties" What the f*** man? Pardon me let me rephrase that: what the f*** little boy?! Grow some f***ing balls before f***ing up another girl's life. Holy sh*t

• Wow, heartless. Then again, you were doing her a favor...

• I'll call your bluff and say you didn't really do it. I think you may be doing those role-reversal things to get a rise out of the audience. Doing such an act is not uncommon amongst women, but unheard of from men. By stating you did, all the women go crazy.

But it is an interesting point - why would it be more acceptable for women to do it than men? No idea.

• I agree with the girls here, grow a pair and do it face to face.

• I am sure this is not true and you have put it just to see what reactions you get. I do not think anyone like this could be a member of this site

• Call me old fashioned but I believe in morality, there are certain morals that we should adhere too or else there is no difference between us and animals. What you did here was below the belt, I know breakups are hard but what you did is unacceptable. But my friend there is an old saying "What goes around comes around", trust me your day will come too.

• If she was half expecting a break up, yes, this is a way to avoid a scene. But if she wasn't expecting it, this is really quite cruel.

• dude.. please tell me this is a joke. and if it is... you have a sick way of joking around and it's not funny. if it's not a joke.. god bless that girl. she'll find someone that will treat her right. you are a fricken DICK. you're gonna grow up lonely and miserable. you deserve what's coming to you.

• make break ups by telling your friend. let your friend go and tell her that your boy friend wanna break up with u. it will be easy and safe also

• Wow Dude! You should at least called the girl! She'll probably never waner to see you ever again! Do you do that to all the girls you date?

• dude, you seriously have some serious guts to do this. I respect you in everyway. but if your leaving her, just call her if she's at work. it's called the "quick out"

• Yea you are a d***less piece of sh*t for doing that.

• LOL that's sad man. Atleast call her and say it's over.

• Are you fu****cking with us here or you did that for real, I mean if you want to break up with her just be a man and tell her face to face instead of doing this, and what's the deal with the swinger crappppppppppp...