Is it common to still feel attraction to your ex?

I had a girlfriend when I was 14 years old, we are just friends now. So far she is the only girlfriend I've had, she made the first move, she admitted that she had a crush on me. That's how our relationship began. Ever since we broke up, we both seem to trust each other even more than when we were together. She has a new boyfriend but she is still friends with a lot of guys. After we graduated from high school, she started to send me messages on Facebook telling me that she misses me so much. I still think she is pretty, she still thinks I'm handsome but is it common for people to still feel attraction for their ex?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah depending on what terms y'all ended on it's possible

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's normal after all just because you broke doesn't mean you'll magically forget her

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Along with the Kissing she is Missing, she is also Missing Some His and Her History you both Shared.
    She may be in this Relationship Rut with the Current Cutie, and with Being Buds with Many others Here, dear, it's showing me she May not Be Ready, this Betty, to be in Any... Relationship.
    Be Polite on the Book, but Look, don't touch. This One, hun, is Probably a Fickle Pickle who has still Oats to be grown by Sowing Some.
    With an EX who just Might Mark an X in their own heart from the Start, if they were Happy with Whom they have Now Somehow, the Past would Stay the Past.
    However, in Many cases, it's quite Normal. Especially when Both are Available to try again, My Friend, or whatever Case, Mother Nature to Intervene in Between. xx

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know if it's common but I feel once you're in a relationship any contact with your ex is entirely inappropriate.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you haven't bothered to try to move on yeah.

0|0
    0|0
    • We've both moved on but we are still friends and still feel some attraction to each other. She even admitted to still being attracted to me.

• It's not moving on when you remain friends and regularly stay in contact. You aren't allowing yourself to make a new connection with someone because you won't leave the failed relationship in the past. If you don't have a child together, exs have no place in your life if you hope to move on.

• Yes, I'd imagine so.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you still have feelings for them deep down

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes always it's okay to miss them and love them

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I think it's common for people to feel attraction to their exes because there are too many people who keep going back to their exes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not sure. Never had a LTR

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes