My girlfriend broke up with me, and wants to have her space, what do I do?

Please bare with me. We started dating almost 3 years ago and we were madly in love. She even told me many times that I'm the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with. We've had our ups and downs but we always fixed the issues. Which I guess is normal. Since 7 months ago, our summer has been great and we did a lot of fun things together. She seemed very happy. I started going through some anxiety and she was completely there for me (as she's gone through it too) and it never affected us. She's always been close to her family and especially her girl cousin which is like a sister to her. Her cousin and I don't talk. My girlfriend broke up with me a month and a half ago saying that she still loves me and cares for me but she's been feeling something is missing. I did all the wrongs and cried in front her that day because it really took me by surprise. She said "this is a break up, and not a break".

Over the next couple of weeks I left her alone, she initiated convos here and there. The third week of our break up she told me that she's been going through a depression and I showed her that I was there for her. She came to my house on the 4th week and we cuddled and kissed all day. We even napped together. She mentioned to me that she's most comfortable around me and she loves and cares for me, but she wants her space to find out why she's feeling this way. She left that day and she stood by my side the next day when I had to take my mom to the hospital, she even called me "babe". A few days later, I called her and told her I'm fed up with this. Asked her to message me when she knows what she wants. We ran into each other on the weekend at a bar, she came and said hi to me and cried cuz she was happy to see me. I told her this break made me realize that I wanna fix things with your cousin, she was happy about that but She still wants her space.. she keeps telling me"let's have no expectations"... please help, what do I do? Is there a chance of us getting back?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• if she want a space then give her a space but don't message or call her... she will get back to you... and when she will get back to you... be confident and tell her u have a choice to stay with me I gave to u a lot of , or u can just go and stop everything !

0|1
    0|0
    • I hope you're right. We've always loved each other like crazy. She's influenced by her family sometimes and that's I worry about losing her when we're not talking,

Most Helpful Guy

• Im going through the same thing man. M ex and I had a great relationship, but something changed. I don't know what. I think I need to stop giving a fuck as much as I do about women. She got distant and acted like she was confused about how she felt about me... and then... I was the one to dump her because she said it seems like we are just friends. I wish she would call and beg me to take her back. I am definitely not going to be the one to do it. Its been 2 weeks of NC and although I miss her dearly, I refuse to reach out. I need to heal. If she comes back then so be it. I do not expect her to return. Sad but hey. My happiness is more important and I refuse to sit and wait, so Im going to keep having fun with my friends and date other girls. Your situation sounds better than mine since you see her and she calls you babe... but don't get too comfortable... give her space and be happy on your own. Let her miss you. Let her WANT to participate in the happiness that you built for yourself. You dont need her to be happy. Show her that.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I would give her space. She obviously sounds like she is confused and only going through things right now. At least she didn't just vanish and disappear on you without giving you some explanation. Let her miss you for awhile and dont contact her. Then she will realize that what she had was good and want you back in her life. You seem like a good guy by the way.

0|1
    0|0
  • THe best chance you have of making this work is going on about your life, focus on improving yourself and moving on, be prepared to leave her behind. Seems the opposite of what you "want" to do, but it is what is best for you and most likely to get her attention. Be open with her about you want, but let her come to you and leave plenty of space. You wanting this too much will put her off.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• She is having extreme mood swings and i think hormones are in action. I think for few months you must stop judging and put any pressure on her. Give her some time. Every couple do need space of their own.
    You should have patience. And look man... i understand it is heart breaking and frustrating but we don't owe any one in life afterall. We should be always ready for the things which are not in favor of us. You will have to be flexible.

0|1
    0|0
  • Get another girl.

0|1
    1|0
  • She doesn't want to commit.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes