How to heal from a heart break?

I loved that guy so much. I've done my best for him, things seemed to be great but suddenly everything changed. I am now sure that we won't get back together. I want to heal, I feel broken. How can I do it? How long does the healing process take? I love him so much so it's gonna take a very long time

813

Most Helpful Guy

• I still ache from a broken heart when my wife died. That was ten years ago this month.

I fell in love again, only to have my heart broken - again. That pain lasted a year and I still have feelings for her.

Healing a broken heart is an individual process, just like grieving at the passing of a loved one. There is no set timetable. I feel for you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I know it takes a really long time to heal. It's gonna be so hard.

• You don't have to tell me. I've been down that road before and it sucks. I wish you good luck.

• Thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• The healing process depends on your ability to want to move on. If you had a sexual relationship with him it makes it 10x as worse now because you will never forget him sexually. He became part of you and you became part of him. The only way to break that is by asking God to forgive you and to break those ties. Time is often said to help heals those wounds, but the scars will still remain. All you can do is learn from your relationship mistakes and move away from such people who are like your ex. It's not going to be easy for the next few weeks. I won't lie to you. However, if it comes a time where this is also affecting your life, then please do make the effort to meet with a professional counselor. Never cope, it will just place you into a continuous neverending cycle.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • We had done some sexual things and this doesn't let me forget about him.

• @Asker

You're not going to forget him. Especially not at the state you are now. Everybody goes through their own process of healing as not everybody heals the same way. But at this time, you do need direction.