How to heal from a heart break?

I loved that guy so much. I've done my best for him, things seemed to be great but suddenly everything changed. I am now sure that we won't get back together. I want to heal, I feel broken. How can I do it? How long does the healing process take? I love him so much so it's gonna take a very long time

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I still ache from a broken heart when my wife died. That was ten years ago this month.

I fell in love again, only to have my heart broken - again. That pain lasted a year and I still have feelings for her.

Healing a broken heart is an individual process, just like grieving at the passing of a loved one. There is no set timetable. I feel for you.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I know it takes a really long time to heal. It's gonna be so hard.

• You don't have to tell me. I've been down that road before and it sucks. I wish you good luck.

• Thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• The healing process depends on your ability to want to move on. If you had a sexual relationship with him it makes it 10x as worse now because you will never forget him sexually. He became part of you and you became part of him. The only way to break that is by asking God to forgive you and to break those ties. Time is often said to help heals those wounds, but the scars will still remain. All you can do is learn from your relationship mistakes and move away from such people who are like your ex. It's not going to be easy for the next few weeks. I won't lie to you. However, if it comes a time where this is also affecting your life, then please do make the effort to meet with a professional counselor. Never cope, it will just place you into a continuous neverending cycle.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • We had done some sexual things and this doesn't let me forget about him.

• @Asker

You're not going to forget him. Especially not at the state you are now. Everybody goes through their own process of healing as not everybody heals the same way. But at this time, you do need direction.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• I know you hear this phrase all the time, but you have to move on. I know it's easier said than done but it's possible. Constantly thinking about him won't make anything better. Talk to your close friends/relatives. They will help a lot

1|0
    0|0
    • I can't stop thinking about him and about all the good moments we had together and this breaks me more. I want to stop thinking because I am tired.

• hang in there, you'll be fine, time will heal it but scars will remain, it will take about 1-2 months or less to actually start functioning normally without feeling the need to cry or that crappy sadness all the time... just dont do like me and bottle them inside, it will be worse

1|1
    0|0
  • I know it's very hard to let someone go, I had experienced that when my 4 years relationship broke. We have to concentrate on other things just making a new hobby or do something which will make your mind concentrate on it. Watch tv 📺 series that will be the best thing. Keep in mind you can do everything which you want to do only thing is you just have to do it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Step 1 realizing that it is all over and usually cutting him out of your life.
    Step 2 realizing that you did nothing wrong. It was either going to work out or not work out.
    Step 3 Just like every day one day at a time. Usually while doing things you like and enjoy while keeping your mind on your work or hobbies.
    Step 4 Back to the store for more comfort food.
    Step 5 just accept that it will hurt and time will slowly take the pain away.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends, on the duration of the relationship and many other things.
    My ex broke up with me since almost 1 year.
    She date somebody else, but I still have feelings for her and this hurts me, still but not in the same way in the beggining.
    I do love her and want her hack, but once she is dating somebody else I'm afraid that this is impossible.

2|0
    0|0
  • Don't blame yourself and just get someone else. Or do what I did (the opposite), get some hobbies and avoid love and serious relationships (has worked for me for the past 34 years). To me it's dumb to put your hand on a hot stove over and over expecting a different result than the previous.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't contact him. Keep living your life normally. If thoughts of him come to your mind, don't try to fight them. Just resist the urge to contact him. Getting over a love is like getting over an addiction. Your brain chemistry will eventually get used to his absence.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on what kind of person you are. Once a girl I thought I was in love with over the Internet told me she didn't feel the same about me anymore, and I went into depression for a Month. But there was other things that happened to me that year as well, that also hurt me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Be kind to yourself. Give yourself time. Look around you. Lots of other fish in the sea. It will take some time but time heals all wounds.
    Damn! I am so full of platitudes tonight!
    Never mind. Sill good advice.

1|0
    0|0
  • Revenge sex with a friend of his...

0|0
    0|0
  • FOR me it works to hook up with other people...

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Me and my ex broke up 2 months ago and we were together for 3 years and 2 months. It hurts like a bitch I totally understand but what you need to do is accept it and be a better you, message me if you need advice.

1|0
    0|0
  • i know it's what everyone says but honestly the best that you can do is just keep yourself occupied. be with your family be with your friends go out go to a party go do things that you enjoy. don't look at his social media and everytime you find yourself thinking about him remind yourself that you've done all you can and that it's his problem there's nothing else you can do but just try to move on and live your life. give yourself time as the healing process from a breakup differs from person to person. baby steps.

1|0
    0|0
  • It took me 10+ months but I did it and so can you 😎 just remember you deserve better and that eventually everything will be okay.

2|0
    0|0
  • Do what I do. Make a ritual. Pack up everything that reminds you of him in a box. Write a letter to him... put it in that box. Wrap it. Put : "Here lies the relationship between 'you and him' " put this under your bed, in your attic or your closet. Look at the picture of you two... cry to it and tell him one last message. Put the past to rest. Love yourself. If it ended badly, get counselling or make your letter as angry as it has to be. Your goal is to get to peace!!! <3 It works for me. Good luck my dear!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Out of sight out of mind. Remove everything that reminds you of him. That could mean even distancing yourself from his friends or shared friends for a bit. When people say find a hobby, they aren't lying. Grieve now but don't stay there. My grandma passed recently. I'm a freshman in college and I had to work and manage school. When I didn't have homework or plans, I broke down. I didn't take that time before to grieve a bit. Keeping occupied does work. Revamp yourself. A new year is coming and you have to look great. "When they go low, we go high" - Michelle Obama

1|0
    0|0
  • you can earse every memory you have with this guy

0|0
    0|0
  • Ice cream

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes