Should I break up with my new boyfriend?

So I have been dating this guy for the past couple of months. He is a really great and respectful guy. There's just one problem, I don't feel any chemistry with him. I don't feel excited to see him, I never get butterflies when I see him. It's as if I feel for him as just a friend. It sucks because I know he likes me and he's such a nice and smart guy. I felt this way from the beginning but I thought maybe if I give it tI've then I'll start feeling the way I should but I don't. And now I just want to be single. If feel like the right thing to do is break up with him but how do I do that? I've never broken up with a guy before. Also, we haven't seen each other since before Christmas so we still have to exchange Christmas gifts. How do I make it less awkward? I'll really appreciate your opinions, thank you so much!

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Tell him you aren't ready for a relationship and let him go.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I can totally relate because I've been in a very similar situation! I would say break it off as soon as possible, unfortunately it won't get any easier as time goes on and feelings of attraction don't develop. Sad though it may be it will give you both an opportunity to move on ASAP. Good luck!

1|0
    0|0
  • Actually you should never start dating someone if you don't like them or have any other special feeling towards them. It's a mistake to say I may feel the same with time but you don't. It's like you force yourself to love someone but you can't, because it comes like this, you don't have to choose to love them or like them. For now, I'd say explain your situation to him, show your feelings and tell him that it doesn't work for you. It will hurt him for sure but next time, be more careful, you can't break someone else's heart and leave them like that.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes