Guys, can't you take a hint?

When a girl asks you when you're coming back from a trip... isn't obvious that she wants to see you?

Or is that not direct enough?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I've been known to be a bit dense. When I assumed a girl liked me I would tend to be disappointed, so I eventually just decided to ignore my ego and assume all women just wanted to be friends until proven otherwise.

I would be just a tad more direct. Something like "hey, when are you getting back? Do you want to (coffee/movie/whatever) when you get back.

Worst he can say is "no" ... at which point you can stop wasting your time on him and move on. =)

What Guys Said 5

• The only person we have to fault when others don't take our hints is ourselves for not being direct. That very well could just be polite small talk to pass the time. You know he's going on a trip, and just want to know when he will be returning.

• Thats a terrible hint, you need to go a little further, like "when are you coming back so we can hang out?"

• to sublimal for me

then again I am a guy and yea i...we don't get that sh*t

• If that's the meaning, it would've went over my head.

• Really? I mean, I texted him first. We tried to meet up last time but it didn't work out...

• Like everyone else said, I would have assumed you were making small talk because you were bored or something. When it comes to subtlety, I miss the boat often. I'm sure that every girl that tried to flirt with me would agree. I and many other guys are slow on the uptake unfortunately.

• Actually its not obvious at all. That's not a hint.

What Girls Said 1

• Guys are sort of really not good at picking up hints unless they're almost painfully obvious. If you think you're going to give him a hint that he should be able to pick up, take it one step further to make it less subtle.