Ex texted Merry Christmas... then didn't answer. Does it mean anything?

We dated for about a month before deciding to just be friends because I'm moving in a few months and we didn't want to do long distance. I know it was short but we unfortunately really fell for each other during that month... everything after has just been a mess. We tried to be friends but it was really painful, so I told him we couldn't talk anymore, and he agreed to respect my wishes. I've now moved and we never even said goodbye, but I miss him like crazy and regret my choice. I don't want to lose him just because of the off chance that we might get a second try one day. Was thinking about reaching out since I figured he never would since I specifically asked him not to... then was thrown for a total loop when I woke up on Christmas with a text from him. I was super happy to see that he hadn't forgotten me, and he must have been thinking of me too. It was not a generic text that he would have sent to everyone -- he used a pet name for me in it that he used to call me to mess with me and make me laugh. I gave him a Merry Christmas back then asked how he was doing, hoping we could start talking again and I could apologize for cutting him off and ask for a fresh start. I saw that he read it, and I never got an answer. He's never once ignored me like that before. I can't tell if he was trying to hurt me or if he was just trying to show me that he still cares, while also continuing to respect my wishes by being the strong one and not allowing it to escalate back into us talking? How would you interpret that?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• So he texted you back and then ignored you. Now I am not going to say he was busy because it takes less than 1 minute to send a text to someone saying thank you. So the "Im busy" excuse is so overly used. It probably was a generic text he sent to multiple girls in his phone. I understand that you may like him and want to be with him. But realistically, you two are miles from each other since you moved. He probably wants someone close by to fulfill his needs.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm going through the same thing I only read the tittle the rest is too long my attention span is very short

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes