Ex boyfriend lost attraction/spark. I suspect this was due to a little weight gain over the winter/hunnymoon phase ending. What if I lost the weight?

I know it would be shallow if he did want me back after but idc, I thought he was perfect and I want to work really hard to get him back and this is he only way I can see that happening. We rarely fought and had a good relationship it's just I feel like he lost interest on a physical level. Mind you, he would always order pizza, Chinese, and take up all my time after work/night school so I don't know what he expected would happen. He never talked to me I'm just assuming this was one of the reasons the spark died and he lost feelings. Help? I'm gonna go this regardless but I'd like to know a guys take on a situation. If a girl was otherwise awesome, pretty, but a little chubby- would you want her back after timr apart and her getting in the best shape of her life?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Well, he isn't being shallow, he is just being honest with what he wants, likes and doesn't like. You are only assuming it was the weight gain, it may have been something else you can't change. So it is good you want to get back into shape, but don't expect him to come back if you do lose some.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• If a few pounds is honestly why he dumped you then he didn't really like you that much. It's probably a different reason altogether and you just have to accept that he doesn't want the relationship. Trying to change to weight for someone else just shows incredibly low self-esteem, and then where does it end? What if he doesn't like your hair color on day? Or you teeth? Or the way you laugh? Will you desperately try to change to please him? Have enough self-respect to accept yourself and not change to "win" others over, and accept the breakup.

0|0
    1|0
  • Put it this way.. my boyfriend broke up with me even after saying I was out of his league and that I'm super hot etc and even as my ex he still is attracted to me but he still broke up with me because he lost feelings. Maybe it was your physical appearance, but I doubt it was totally that. Lose weight for YOU and if he wants you back then cool, but if he doesn't it still means you're beautiful he just cannot get feelings back because love doesn't work like that! Don't feel bad because he doesn't like you anymore there is someone out there that loves you for you

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes