Ex boyfriend keeps on calling but won't get back together-should I stop contact?

Month ago breakup. Left me with no warning and moved back to hometown. together 3.5 years. I was 1rst relationship. Everything was wonderful no fights, got along splendidly.

He calls every 2 days and talks about general things. Tells me he loves me, misses me. Wants to come down in a month to see me. Acts like he wants to be together but doesn't mention it. I told him I don't see the point of being friends with someone who is not coming back. He still continues to call, says "well don't you want to talk every 2 days or so?".He acts like the break up is no big deal, and that he's just hanging out for awhile. I told him, and his family has told him he broke up a good thing. He says he knows that.

I'm thinking about stopping all contact and not answering phone. I don't want him to forget me, but rather for him to miss me and want to come back. I don't understand why he's doing this or broke up with me- things were good. help please?
1
1