I broke up with my ex boyfriend of 1,5 years. Why he just accepted my decision so easily? Does he subconsciously wanted this break up too?

He says he's hurt, he feels lonely and empty inside. But that he accepts it if this decision will make me happy. He loved me A LOT. He was really in love with me but sometimes i acted harsh towards him and at those moments he got disappointed in us. But he was always fighting for us no matter what I did to him till the last day, he never gave up on us. Now, he seems really okay with letting me go, as if this decision is also what he actually wants?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, he knows love is a 2 way street. Both partners need to be committed. If one isn't interested, then, there is nothing he can do but accept the situation. You can't force someone to be in a relationship. He wants you to be happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if you get dumped, it is normal to not want to exactly, fight over the other person who just dumped you. It's not on the person who dumped to woo anyone over or try to convince the other. I think he is hurt by you but he's not going to go pouring his heart out to someone who just dumped him.

What Guys Said 3

• Most relationships go on much longer than they should before something happens and it comes to an end. He could have seen it ending was inevitable and excepted it a while back. Also if he was feeling hurt and disrespected by you over a long period of time he probably has a lot of resentment towards you

• No. He is just going along with what you want once again..

• I really want to reconcile things with him. I realised that the issues that were problem for me then, are actually so little. I told him I want us back after a month, he answered: "may be one day we will know each others worth and get back, but we can't force things. If we're meant to be, time will show us". Does he give me a chance with this answer?

• He gave you what you wanted and was ok with this decision because he knew that he is not getting that much respect and affection which are parallel to his efforts so went away

• İt has been 1 month since we broke up. İ wish to reconcile things with him. He says that maybe one day we will know each other's worth and our paths will cross again and that he doesn't want a relationship for now. Does he says this because he doesn't trust me any more, so i have to prove him my true love for him. Or because he really wants to move on?

• He wants to move on for sure right now. This act of him is not only done by him to tell you and make you understand his true value but also now he wants to be with someone who pays equal efforts from very starting and avoids such kinds of situations. I wish everything was ok between you guys but it's time to move on and close this issue because right now it's useless as he had made up his mind and is definitely confident.

What Girls Said 2

• So summing up what you said

He loved you, A LOT
    You acted harsh towards him
    Fought for your relationship not matter what YOU DID to him
    Then YOU broke up with him
    Seems ok letting you go

My bet is that he is fine with letting you go, i mean you sound kinda out there in a bad way. I dont blame him for no wanting to hang on to this relationship.

• You wanted to break up with him too I assume seeing as you initiated it? If anything, him being ok with it should be better for you. Would you prefer him being depressed and not living his life properly because you've broken up with him?