ASAP!! Should I take him back after cheating?

my boyfriend cheated on me.. He was at a concert and a girl who was flirting with his friend said goodbye and then kissed him.. He said he didn't provoke it but he didn't stop it either. 4 days after it happened he confessed and said I needed to find a new guy one whom could be there for me. He also said a bunch of contradictory statements.. It hasn't even been a week and many things have happened. One including him breaking down and crying to one of my friends.. In public...another one was venting to are mutual friend about how he f***ed up his life. He wants me back now.. Should I give him a second chance?

50

Most Helpful Girl

• If you feel he's genuinely sorry and would never do it again, then yeah I'd forgive him. Keep in mind that he probably sugar coated the situation a little about what happened with the girl too. Also keep in mind that he told you you should find a better guy. No guy who's truly in love tells a girl to find a better guy. it almost sounds as if he wanted you to move on at first but later changed his mind. I had a guy say something similar to me before and that's what he admitted he was doing.

Given all this information, it's completely your decision to decide if you can forgive and move on.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Only you can answer that...but know this: while it IS possible to save a relationship after someone cheated, it is NOT easy. It is one of the hardest things to do. He would have to totally understand and accept that he has betrayed your trust, and it will take ALOT of time to earn it back. He has to answer any question you have, make you feel you comfortable at all times. For however long it takes. Personally, I doubt he can or will.

You're so young (under 18), and I assume boyfriend is, too. Most just do not have the emotional maturity to handle this situation in their 30"s, much less teens.

I has been my experience that if they cheat once, they will do it again.

• Of course you should. SHE KISSED HIM. he didn't initiate. He felt guilty. Yes he didn't stop it but he was probably in shock, he is a guy afterall and lips are coming towards him he didn't know what to do. And it was in public, a spur of the moment thing, he didn't sneak out with her.

I think he's suffered enough

• I would. My boyfriend cheated on me by having sex with his ex. I gave him a second chance and because of that, we're working things out.

You're boyfriend didn't screw up at all that badly. But if he can cry in public, he deserves a second chance, but you have to make it clear to him that if he does ANYTHING at all that you think he is cheating on you again, it's going to be over.

• he's lying about it and he cheated in the first place. he doesn't deserve you and you deserve better. there are a million other guys out there you could date. use this time to have some space and see other people. why go back to the old guy when you can try something new? if you really want him, keep him on the backburner and get back with him later but you should take this time to do you because he damn sure was not worried about you at that concert or when he was with your friend was he?