I am obsessed with my ex boyfriend and I don't know how to get over it... any ideas?

we dated for 2 and a half years and broke up about a year and a half ago. he was my first boyfriend and we even had plans for marriage and such. he was perfect, until he went on a vacation and cheated on me. then he dumped me, used me for sex, then blocked me and told me to get out of his life. then he unblocked me a bit after. but basically he is all i think about. i haven't seen him in about a year, but I'm still crazy about him. i am obsessed, i drive past his house sometimes, look at his profiles often, create fake accounts to follow him and his new girlfriend, look at his families profiles and his friends too to see if i can get any info on him... i really don't know what to do. any ideas?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont really know what to tell you but I'm truly sorry that guy put you through that much pain, you dont deserve that, you deserve someone better that will treat you better, look at yourself as his loss and slowly loose the habit of checking out his shit, its time to move on.

0|1
    0|0
    • what does it mean that he unblocked me? i will never move on

• Show All
    • well I'm curious because the last thing he texted me was "get out of my life. get over me. I'm blocking you. i love her and not you" and then he blocked me, and I was positive that was the last id ever see of him... but then three months later, he unblocked me, and his name came up on my Facebook as a suggested friend. so what does he want?

• if he wanted something he would've told you or say hit to you or asked you to meet some place, stop fantasizing like that, for your best sake, give yourself the gift of moving on.

Most Helpful Girl

• First this is due to the sex, and the fact you emotionally invested yourself in him so quickly. This is why you save yourself for marriage to have sex. You made this guy your spiritual husband and now he wants nothing to do with you. You should be the one deleting him and blocking him, getting rid of all the things he gave you and move on from him. Find a person who will wait for sex and leave jerks like him alone. They always throw marriage, kids, etc into those pipe dreams JUST to get into your pants. You need to go see a counselor asap. This is dangerous mentally and psychologically. Please do yourself a favor, for your sanity, GO GET HELP.

Because if you don't, then you can't use him as an excuse anymore. This is why premarital sex IS a sin, because your the product of that result. Trying to fill a void of emptiness you now have to heal. And trust me when I say, you will NEVER get it with somebody like him, who used you, abused your love and trust and tossed you away.

0|1
    0|0
    • so the last thing he texted was "get out of my life. get over me. I'm blocking you. i love her and not you" and then he blocked me. but then three months later he unblocked so what does that mean? if he wants me out of his life then why not keep me blocked?

• @Asker

He want's to use you again. He knows how soft hearted you are, all of yoru weaknesses and he knows who youa are as a person because the sex defined you. You are part of him and he is part of you now. So he knows how to hurt and kill your heart. Leave him alone. No man is worth yoru sanity and salvation over.

• your*

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Look for another guy or keep yourself busy

0|1
    0|0
    • so the last thing he texted was "get out of my life. get over me. I'm blocking you. i love her and not you" and then he blocked me. but then three months later he unblocked so what does that mean? if he wants me out of his life then why not keep me blocked?

• he may think you forgot about him or he has second thoughts

• Run out and find yourself a Man who is willing to POUND you down for days & give you multiple orgasms. Guaranteed to get over him!

0|0
    0|0
    • but the last thing he texted was "get out of my life. get over me. I'm blocking you. i love her and not you" and then he blocked me. but then three months later he unblocked so what does that mean? if he wants me out of his life then why not keep me blocked?

• it can mean that either he is over you & just wonders if your still hooked on him & wants to see if you cross the line again OR maybe she had him unblock you cuz she feels insecure for an odd reason or another. Don't let that control your mind, never the less for a guy who did not value your feelings. Good luck hope you find someone soon who conquers both your Mind & Heart!

What Girls Said 5

• He cheat on u. Don't even shed a tear for him.

Is his loss not yours. So why even think or give time to someone like him?

Baby girl no. What u need to do, is have time for yourself. Build up ur confidence and say "f this guy. If any other cheats on me. It will their loss. Because why would anyone want to cheat on me? "

Also all ex are not "bad". They help u grow and get experiences and help u learn.

Besides, he was ur first boyfriend. How horrible it will be to be with only one guy in ur life. U are young still. Learn from this experience, build yourself up. And move on and eventually find a better guy

0|0
    0|0
    • but what does it mean that he unblocked me?

• Show All

• Omg girl. Value yourself. Don't u think that he "got struck by lightning and realize he "always" loved u"

He is rude to u. Plays u. Cheats on u. And u still care for him? Did u even read what everyone here says? Or u just ask expecting to hear "oh he realize and likes u".

No! Snap out of it. And value yourself. Build your self confidence. Love yourself.

Are u trying to fill up a whole? Did u have a bad relationship at home with your parents or dad. That made u, not see the worth in u? To fall for this guy too soon and too quickly. And still try to be like gum on a shoe to him? U need to value yourself and forget him. All of his actions, words, and intentions

• girl you need to stop, i understand that its hard for you to move on like you shared your whole life with this guy for 2 years, its not going to be easy to forget but you deserve so much better than someone who has cheated on and used you, he has moved on you do the same think of all the negative things and how much he's hurt you, stop making fake profiles stop lurking to see what he's up to, its going to destroy you mentally if you carry on, focus on yourself and the right guy will come to you, i thought i was going to be with my first boyfriend forever but i was so wrong, im only 16 and I've had so many pointless guys in my life, your strong and you'll get through this xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Think of all the ways he did you wrong

0|0
    0|0
    • what does it mean that he unblocked me?

• Why do you care? Do you not remember what he did? Seriously girl! Get a backbone!

• bc the last thing he texted was "get out of my life. get over me. I'm blocking you. i love her and not you" and then he blocked me. but then three months later he unblocked so what does that mean? if he wants me out of his life then why not keep me blocked?

• honey, you should move on. distract yourself, I have been there, he added me back after I begged him. then deleted me again. I did what you did, but only made me suffer, and he got a girlfriend soon , now married. I stopped checking his Facebook. there's no way back. it's a hard way, but you must stop checking him, you must. be hard to yourself and be confident. go out with your friends , have fun, travel, do sports etc. some day you will realize you don't remember the piece of shit! cheer up, you can do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • That must be hard. But the best advice I can give is distract yourself! Get a hobby, go out, have fun! Get a makeover, feel sexy. He sounds like an asshole. Make him regret his decision lol best of luck

0|0
    0|0
    • but what does it mean that he unblocked me?

Recommended myTakes