Why do we have child support laws in the US?

it's becoming to a point where women just take advantage of it so they can be more lazy and not have to work as hard.

103

Most Helpful Girl

• Because a guy shouldn't be able to just knock a girl up and leave without paying for the child?

If a guy has custody of the child she pays as well. But I know at least for my family we wouldn't have been able to stay afloat without the child support money from my dad.

In my opinion, if a guy doesn't want a child and the girl does, he should be able to give up rights to the child and the requirement to pay child support. If a woman wants an abortion and the dad wants to keep it, the woman should give birth but not have rights to the child after and not have to pay child support. This is assuming they keep abortion legal.

But I assume you didn't want an actual answer as you downvoted every opinion. You just want to vent.

• oh you forgot the fact about the many women who use it don't actually use it on their child.

• sure, if that makes you feel better about yourself, girl.

• You haven't given any intelligent arguments so far. So, I guess I am correct.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think all children should be made into slaves for the adults. The kids will do all the work, while be live as kings doing absolutely nothing. All we need to do is put in place a brain washing institution...