Why do we have child support laws in the US?

it's becoming to a point where women just take advantage of it so they can be more lazy and not have to work as hard.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because a guy shouldn't be able to just knock a girl up and leave without paying for the child?

If a guy has custody of the child she pays as well. But I know at least for my family we wouldn't have been able to stay afloat without the child support money from my dad.

In my opinion, if a guy doesn't want a child and the girl does, he should be able to give up rights to the child and the requirement to pay child support. If a woman wants an abortion and the dad wants to keep it, the woman should give birth but not have rights to the child after and not have to pay child support. This is assuming they keep abortion legal.

But I assume you didn't want an actual answer as you downvoted every opinion. You just want to vent.

1|0
    0|0
    • oh you forgot the fact about the many women who use it don't actually use it on their child.

• Show All
    • sure, if that makes you feel better about yourself, girl.

• You haven't given any intelligent arguments so far. So, I guess I am correct.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think all children should be made into slaves for the adults. The kids will do all the work, while be live as kings doing absolutely nothing. All we need to do is put in place a brain washing institution...

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Courts split responsibility for taking care of the child’s financial needs between the parents according to income, per a predefined formula. In cases where the child’s father makes more than the mother, courts will expect him to carry the lion’s share of the financial burden. When she makes more money she bears most of the burden. And yet, even in those cases, men still complain about paying the tiny portion the court deems to be their fair share. They’ll say, “she makes enough to take care of the kids. She don’t need my money.” To the selfish bastards who think like that, I say grow up.

The abusers exist, but they are not representative of most women who receive child support. I cringe when I hear comments like, “I pay for my kid and every time I see her, her hair and nails are tight.” If she works or has another source of income, what makes you think she’s spending “your” child support money on her hair and nails? Is she not supposed to be groomed? Would you prefer to see her with chipped nails and a raggedy weave, just so you know she’s not spending a dime of that support check on herself?

And men, unless you are a wealthy celebrity, please stop talking about celebrity child support awards. Men get shook when celebrities are hit with large child support orders. They argue the woman – no matter who she is, whether one night stand groupie or wife of many years – is a “gold digger” who “don’t need all that” to raise a child. You can look at it as a windfall or some kind of groupie Lotto all you want to, but if he didn’t want to pay, he should have used protection. By and large, celebrities pay their child support without complaint. When Diddy had an issue with his child support order, he didn’t go to the barber shop and trash his baby’s mom. He did what he was supposed to do – he went to court and asked for an equitable adjustment. If you feel like you’re paying more than your fair share, you can do the same.

Parenting is more than having the local child support office garnish your paycheck. If you’re not doing your share of the heavy lifting – if the only thing you contribute to your child’s life is that monthly or biweekly check – please shut the entire hell up about what the mother of your children “does” with that child support check.

0|0
    0|0
  • ... so that women don't have to raise and financially support the child on their own. To give men reason to actually think about how there ARE consequences to fucking any woman. That, unlike how it would be if you were living out in the animal kingdom, there are laws put in place to make sure that individuals are 'old enough' to have sex for a reason. 👌

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, because if there werent any laws about child support then all the dads would just be upstanding providers for family..
    https://crappydads.com/

0|0
    0|1
  • So that the noncustodial parent is also financially supporting the child or children. It's not fair for one parent to carry all the responsibility for all the financial needs of the child including living expenses. Obviously some women take advantage of it. No law is fool proof. There's always those people who abuse it, but you can't not have those types of things in place just because SOME people don't use it as it was designed. Some women genuinely need the help.

0|0
    0|0
  • To support children and so a guy doesn't go around getting girls pregnant and then just leaving her to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • This subject is so frustrating. I'm divorced and after leaving I took nothing. Even though we have a support order I have never enforced it. My fiancé on the other hand pays his baby momma $2200 a month for one kid. She hasn't worked since and her new baby daddy also sits on his ass doing nothing. The worst part is support is supposed to offset the cost and expenses of living for said child. Yet, we have to take him clothes shopping, shoe shopping, etc. when I approach this with my fiancé is response is, it's not his (his sons) fault his mom and boyfriend are lazy asses. I disgusted with our system and woman like this.

0|0
    1|0
  • You act like women get hella money from child support lmfao. For one kid you get max 300$

0|0
    0|0
    • Not true. My fiancé pays his baby momma $2200 a month for 1.

• To support children...

1|0
    0|1
    • I guess this is a question you cannot comprehend well. you forgot about the loads of women who don't need the money or actually use it on their kids.

• thats the whole point to use it on the kids

• because men weren't feeling the need to take care of their children, I agree it shouldn't have to be a thing but sadly it does or the kids would suffer.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know. A lot of women do take advantage of it. I know some irl. And you almost never hear about a woman having to pay child support. Just like alimony.

0|0
    0|0
  • Umm child support laws have changed a lot in the past few years.. Granted it is a state issue.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes