When is it okay to leave a good relationship?

I've been in a relationship for well over a year now. My girlfriend makes me smile and makes me happy. I'm not unhappy in the relationship and my girlfriend is a great girlfriend though something feels off about my relationship. I'm just wondering if I should end it and find something better that feels right or stick with her.

163

Most Helpful Girl

• You can leave a relationship any time you want. If it doesn't feel right to you then you shouldn't stay with her. I would like to say though that no relationship is perfect or exciting 100% of the time. Every relationship is going to have low points or go through dull moments. Eventually you lose the "honeymoon" feeling when you're with the same person long-term. That's normal. If you truly don't feel like she is the right person for you though then you should definitely end it. It wouldn't be fair to stay with her when you know you don't feel the same.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it don't vibe it's time to leave. You don't want to be stringing that girl along, get out and go find yourself some strange.

What Girls Said 15

• My advice: if it doesn't feel right then its not right. If she was the right girl, you wouldn't second guess it. I've been with my boyfriend for well over a year aswell and even though we fight and things sometimes aren't the best, i wouldn't do it with anyone else. I can't even imagine breaking up with him!

• Sounds like you're just getting comfortable and maybe losing that spark thats usually there at the very beginning. If it's good and you're not unhappy, why leave? The grass isn't always greener on the other side

• Are you typically restless? If so, you should evaluate if this is something that will keep happening over and over in your life and if that's good for you and others (your girlfriend doesn't see this coming)

• Never leave what is good for something you think will be better, because then you might realize that it isn't as better as you thought and you would have lost a diamond in the search of stars haha

• Have you ever made that mistake or know someone who has? Just wondering.

• Leave her she deserves better.

• stick with her

• I think you should talk to her about how you feel and see what she says. Don't leave just because you feel off, see if it is something you can work on.

• Try to figure out what feels off and see if it is workable.

• Whenever you want.

• leave it now

• What doesn't feel right?
    Are u missing an adventure in yr relationship maybe?
    Try something new. Maybe that's what's wrong. Yr bored?
    But don't break it bcz ur bored? There has to be a better excuse for u to leave her.

• I would leave

• Before you end it, you have to know what feels off about your relationship because you don't want to loose a good woman thinking that there's something wrong when there wasn't.

• Talk yo her and try to understand what is missing

• So you wanna settle?

• Well I love her I just feel like something missing or not right. I'm unsure how to explain it

• Then go with that feeling. Chances are there is something.
      You may not be able to put your finger on it now, but in time you will see it for what it is.

What Guys Said 2

• Talk to her before just ending it all

• Stick with her, she sounds awesome