Will he ever come back to me?

My boyfriend of nine months who seemed more attached to me than I was to him and I broke up two months ago.

He said he needed a break because I couldn't trust him to not smoke and I was so hurt that I broke up with him that night because I didn't want to be the one who got hurt.

Then he tried to get me back and I said I needed space. I told him I love him and want to be with him and when he said are you sure that's what you want I said no.

Then I asked a few weeks later to hangout and told him I've been thinking and I want to get back together and I love him and I'm sorry. He kissed me said he wants to get back together too and then after that he drove away and called a few hours later saying he doesn't think it will work out and that he doesn't want to hurt me anymore.

He is now dating a friend of mine who when we were dating I asked him if he liked and he said no. I really love him and still want him back. They started dating like two weeks after we broke up which is really soon...is she a rebound?

What do I do? Do you think he still has feelings for me? How can I get him back? :(

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Is she a rebound? Maybe. Did they go out before or after he kissed you and drove away? I think he got a perfect opportunity (you broke up with him in the first place) to date the other girl, and he took it. I went through something similar to this, and it sucked. Maybe I am projecting from my experience, but I think your ex (he's no longer your bf, remember?) finds that it's easier being with the other girl, since she doesn't expect him to change (not smoke). I think the best course of action is to let go. He already gave up on the relationship by saying that he doesn't want to hurt you anymore. We both know that's just a lame excuse to call it quit, as if him walking away is for your benefit. If it doesn't work out with the new girl, he might come back to you, but do you really want to be with someone who dates another girl like two weeks after the breakup?