Good excuse for break up or just bull?

Me and my dude (ex now) were together for 4 months. Before me, he was with his ex for 9 years who always cheated on him and eventually left him. A few days ago he broke up with me in a cold manner (he was drunk). When I asked him to give me one good reason why he wanted to break up, his response was he was getting stronger feelings for me and didn't want to since he been hurt before. (He was only single for a short period of time) my question is was that a legit answer and he just scared to get close to me? Or he just took the easy way out? Never had a break up like this so your feedback greatly appreciated.

11

What Guys Said 1

• thats a very good answer. after nine years he should really be single for a few years work on himself and heal those wounds. he has to deal with his lose and do you really want to be the girl that he's with when he's not thinking clearly. 9 years is a marriage. I applauder you, I wouldn't be able to be in a relationship with someone whos had a nine year relationship. that a lot of relationship baggage.

What Girls Said 1

• Did he mean it? I mean, he was drunk at the time. It could have just been talk. Did you talk to him again? After he sobered up?