Give an ex a third chance or just to move on completely?

A couple of weeks ago maybe more my ex had contact after we broke up telling me that his mom had a heart attack and his mom and I were close we would talk like once a week but I didn't know if it was a lie or the truth so I contacted his older brother and asked and he told me that she did have a heart attack but after my ex had told me he asked if we could give our relationship another chance and now this would be the third chance I give him. I mean my heart is telling me to give him the clean slate to start over but my head is now telling me that I'm going to regret it later.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I moved on after she ruined her 4th chance.
    Do I regret the chances I gave her? No.

1|0
    0|0
    • So she didn't change? But don't you think someone could have a wake up call if something bad happened to there loved one? Like my example my ex mom had a heart attack a couple of days after we broke up. To me that would be like a wake up call or karma.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• He's trying to use his mother's heart attack to manipulate you into giving him the extra chance, instead of just honestly asking you directly.

So if you broke up because he wasn't being truthful or open, well, he STILL isn't being truthful and open.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fool me once shame on them, fool me twice shame on me, fool me the third time fuck that

1|1
    0|0
  • You were stupid for even giving it a 2nd chance

1|1
    0|0
    • I wanted to make it work.

• Show All
    • You be an adult and completely and permanently cut him out of your life.

• After what he did I 100% did along with everyone else I meet through our relationship or the ones that I knew from high school that I thought were friends to me.

What Girls Said 5

• Might as well if you feel he may be right for you. Of course depends on why yh broke up twice to begin with. Given that it wasn't anything crazy, then what do you have to lose that you haven't the past two times around? Better question, what do either of you have to give now that you didn't previously, that will make your relationship work and last this time?

1|0
    0|0
    • The reason we broke up was because he cheated on me with ex from high school and before that he was acting like he was single and talking to other girls. But now I don't know because his mom would also tell him if he hurt me he would no longer be her son and I guess she put that threat into action and wasn't talking to him for a couple of days maybe more before he decided to tell me his mom had a heart attack.

• Show All
    • It's hard to move on especially when you've been wronged. Take the time you need to heal so you can allow yourself to accept what you are worthy of when it comes to you. You deserve better, take the time to understand that you are more than that situation and allow yourself to move forward with a positive outlook. Genuinely, hope things work out for you in the best way.

• Thank you.

• Follow your heart. If you feel you could get over the past and see yourself with him in the future then do so. If you can't get over the past then move on.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's also another thing I'm so confused right now and he wanted to have a relationship again and after talking to his mom and older brother how they had completely ignored him after they found out what happened between us and how he was blaming everything on himself when it came to our break up and his moms heart attack.

• It can be hard to know what you want and understanding what you need. If your heart wants to give it another go don't be upset if it doesn't work again. Keep your head up!

• It actually didn't work because he was doing the same thing even when we decided to give it another chance but he ended up being the same liar and cheater. Now he is with a new girl that everyone keeps rubbing in my face because he posted on social media that he is in a new relationship.

• That's a tough question. I've heard a ton of different things. You deserve better but hey what is actually better? Do we always fall/ want to be with the person that treats us the best? Sometimes no. We want to be with the person that doesn't treat us the best but that we'll die for. Then you hear the stories where people get married, divorced then 10 years marry again. My point is as long as both people genuinely make being together their top priority it will work out. Relationships are hard. Relationships with ourselves: we hurt/ get frustrated with ourselves, relationships with family/loved ones: we fight over important and stupid stuff. And whoever you end up, they will hurt you intentionally/unintentionally and you will hurt them intentionally/unintentionally. The question is, was it worth it?

1|0
    0|0
  • you should move on you deserve much better

1|0
    0|0
  • Move on

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes