My boyfriend is texting/IM past girlfriends and seeming shady, he says he just needs people to talk to?

He is also abusing any drug he can get his hands on, while going through his divorce. He has taken 33 Xanax in 5 days, which he's only supposed to take 2 a day. He will take 6 Ambien at a time, and then write the most random emails to people, or nonsense. I don't know if he's just so out of it he doesn't know what end is up, or is he a liar?

Okay, so a little more info so people can stop bashing me. When we met, he and his ex had signed and filed for their divorce. Everything was fine. He did not abuse his prescriptions, was happy, enjoyed his life and we had an amazing relationship.

72

Most Helpful Girl

• Debbie 1. He's probably depressed or lonely feeling try to distract him show him how much fun the world can b... as far as the drugs limit his supply carry them where you go or something except what he's SUPPOSED to b taking...

Deby 2: I say he's nothing but bad luck if he's talking to his ex's as people to "talk to" I say that's the biggest bull sh*t now if he was open about it and not all shady that would be different and about the drugs lets face it he's useless he's only gonna end up overdosing and hurting or killing himself I don't know who you are but hunny you deserve better ALSO dating someone with these habits gives you a bad bad BAD name id personally think your a loon if I knew you and knew him. if he's that addicted then he'd never let you control his supply

What Guys Said 2

• I'd be cautious. He definitely needs help.

I know you want to be a good girlfriend and help him, but I'd say leave and don't look back.

• You sure know how pick them don't you?

What Girls Said 6

• It sounds like he has depression or is just going insane. There is no reason a grown man should be abusing drugs, he knows what he is doing. As for the past girlfriends situation, he is looking for people to comfort him. He wants to feel wanted and needs to talk to someone

• I would not trust him girl. Protect yourself.

• i think toy should Leave Him asap

• you are going throigh very similar stuff to me. My boyfriend does this when life is stresful and he is a shy guy but online and texting he opens up. I am ok with him doing it, however he gradually increases things to sexy lingo to full on nude photos. I ended it with him today after almost two years of living togeher, becuase of this. you need to trust him and if ytou don't it won't work, trust me I fought with everything I had.

• um, are you really surprised that a drug addict who is technically still married will lie and cheat? for real?

• We met after he filed, and after he and his ex had mediated and signed everything. He did not abuse drugs when we met. His ex has kept the divorce dragging along in court.

• I think he's out of it. You need to get your hands on those drugs and get rid of them before he dies of an overdose